Thursday, September 1, 2022

Trying to Help Out

 Every month we residents here at Centerbrooke get a newsletter and calendar. I thought that some of us able-bodied old gals could save the staff some bother so I volunteered myself. 


Tuesday I folded 130 newsletters and inserted them into hang bags. Wednesday I was ready to help deposit them on front door handles but just as we were about to start, the emergency phone went off. 

I never knew what happened when that cord was pulled in your apartment and I sure as heck was not gonna pull it to find out. But, when you do, it rings to alert the staff. Sarah took off to the person that was in distress so I came on back to my apartment to wait it out.

When I went back down Sarah, our life enrichment coordinator, had already delivered the first floor and was on her way with the 3rd and 4th floor to do. So, I grabbed up floor #2 bag full of newsletter and did that. It was a bit more exercise than I had thought but soooo good for me. 

My kids are always telling me to get more exercise so I called them up and bragged a bit on myself. 

                                     ~~~~~

My African Violet was not blooming. I had it sitting on a side table by my recliner so I moved it to the window and it is saying 'thank you' in more ways than one! Blooming up a storm now. I always like it when I figure things out but lordy, sometimes it takes me forever!



9 comments:

  1. Well done with volunteering. And good exercise! Good work on the violets, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for volunteering. :)
    Your African Violet is doing great!! I used to have some around. I just might have to get some again. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your African violet is very pretty. I usually give my African violet some fertilizer as it is already in the sunlight. Good job on the deliveries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love African violets. I used to have them years ago. Maybe I should look into getting one. Hopefully my cat won’t try to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for helping - and for the exercise. Your violet is pretty! I can't keep anything alive in my house, except us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your African Violet is beautiful. I know what you mean about figuring something out on your own. Makes you feel so good! And speaking of which - great idea to help distribute the newsletters! (I hope the emergency call wasn't serious.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice thought to do that. And good exercise.

    I fully understand your want to brag about it. I do tooo, when I do something they have been wanting me to. (Like my hearing aids, recently) :-)

    It wanted sunlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    "....... autumn! A time of hot chocolatey mornings,
    and toasty marshmallow evenings, and, best of all,
    leaping into leaves!"
    ~Winnie the Pooh
    πŸπŸŒΌπŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I checked the internet and Iris A. is 101 and counting!!
    I like African Violets but they sure are fussy. I currently have all 4 of mine blooming...can hardly believe my luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH shoot. I forgot to check before pressing Publish and I went in as anonymous.

      Delete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.