Sunday, September 25, 2022

Family Visits

 Long awaited visit....

My family from Oregon is here for a few days. Saw my daughter three years ago but it had been 11 years since I saw my granddaughter and 13 years since I'd seen my great-grandson, Cane. So much kept us apart, distance, work, money, illness,  you know the drill. 

So let me introduce this part of my family:


my son, Michael (from Alabama) and my eldest child, Marie (from Oregon)


My granddaughter, Yvonne and her husband, Jack. They own a successful food truck business in Bend, Oregon. and they are the parents of ....


Cane, who is petting Sadie, Michael's dog. 

We had a great visit yesterday and a scrumptous meal at Decoys Seafood

Today they are doing Williamsburg

and giving this 'old' lady a break. That's according to them. I did not own up to being OLD. hehe. 
But, I did sleep 12 hours last night.
Something tired me out! 
😄

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see everyone again after all that time went by! How good to sleep so well. Hope they all are having a fine time in Williamsburg and that you are catching up for more visiting ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always wonderful to see family... especially after so much time has passed. My daughter was here last weekend and we hadn't seen each other in a bit (due to the pandemic). It was great to have her here - if only for a few days. So glad your family were able to visit. The Oregon coast is one of the places I've always wanted to see... maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to sleep a 12 hour run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to all be together at last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to have several generations of family together! All that busyness that comes with having guests is tiring, but so good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear the family has come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to actually see family in person. What a blessing. I hope you have a wonderful week! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed seeing Marie - it's been so long! Please tell her I said "hi" and miss her blog.
    Glad you all got together after so long. . . . . we have similar happenings, or perhaps I should say non-happenings, within our family now that people are so transient.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful that your family came to see you. Nice meeting them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful family visit, you had, Latane. I am commenting late as we were also visiting family and friends in NJ and PA. It is always wonderful to see folks after so long and thanks for sharing the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was the best visit EVER! Loved every minute. Meant so much to Yvonne and Cane and Jack. Can't wait till we see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.