Monday, August 29, 2022

Unplugging!

 If you've been following me, you know that my computer died and my son-in-law spent a lot of time trying to fix it.

I felt badly that he was having such a hard time working on MY stuff. I have a habit of drowning in guilt over people doing things for me. 

So, I thought I'd do something to make his load lighter. 

A couple months ago I quit cable tv. And, the cable company wants their receiver box back. Instead of asking John to do it for me, I went in and disconnected the box myself and proudly took it to him and announced "Here's the cable box". 

There's this long pause and he gives me this 'oh, you poor thing' kind of look. 

'That's your cd player!'


Don't go unplugging technology if you don't know what you are doing!

P.S. I don't miss CABLE!

15 comments:

  1. That sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. We haven't had cable for about 6-7 years now. I don't miss it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny! Souds like something I would do. :)
    We are talking about getting rid of cable. It's too expensive. Glad it worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! Well, if it makes you feel any better, I would have done the same!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed out loud!! 😂 At least you tried, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL..but I wouldn't blame you..they look somehow similar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too funny! I'd probably make the same mistake! Good for you for trying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like something I would do:) I ALSO feel guilty asking others to do things for me. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is hilarious! You know, your son-in-law probably doesn't mind, but I am with you on that, I don't like people to have to do things for me. Good luck learning the ropes of a brand new computer. I had to borrow my husband's the other night, as my daughter had mine, and I hated it, new tricks and all...
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  10. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Sounds just like me! I don't miss cable either, but I am still paying for it so I can have wi-fi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee, I have wi-fi and only pay for that. Check into your server. For goodness sakes, don't pay for cable if you don't have it to watch.

      Delete
  11. I think many of us, who are older, have done something like this. :-)

    🍁🍎🍁 HAPPY SEPTEMBER 🍁🍎🍁

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.