Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Marking 'Nothing' Off My To-do List

                                                Day 11 of my 'Isolation'. 
It's weird, not having a soul to talk to. So, I talk to myself. I can have some of the doggonest conversations. I am always right, even when I argue with myself. It's kind of fun knowing you control the topic. It wasn't always that way but .. well, we won't go there.

I can do the most of nothing of anybody. And, it doesn't take me very long to be finished with whatever that nothing was. 😃 I've just been marking off 'nothing' on my to-do list. Marked off five of them today. 

I ordered some groceries from Schwan's (is that how you spell it... and I can't ask Alexa 'cause she probably has never heard of that home delivery).. anyway, I got me a big bag of frozen biscuits and some chicken tenders. All I need now is a pan of  thickened gravy! but they don't carry gravy. Guess I'll have to make that myself. I got a pizza. I cut that thing up into 4 sections and froze each section separately. I ate one tonight so that makes three more meals to go. 

I took the old flivver out for a spin today. She's 15 years old and I was afraid the battery would go dead on me sitting there uncranked all this time. I hadn't driven it in about two weeks. I couldn't stop anywhere so I just headed to the cemetery where my hubby is buried. I figured that would be the safest place to go. But, it didn't help one bit for me having somebody to talk with. 

I watched a movie "In Search of Beethoven". I love his music and it was nice to learn something about his life. Poor thing, probably the most talented composer ever, anywhere and he went deaf. And, you think you have it bad! 

Tell me what all you've been doing during this crisis. I might get an idea to try so that I can stop doing nothing

Love you all, 
Stay safe, stay well
The sun will shine tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. We got out of our pjs in record time and braved the “senior hour” at the grocery store this morning. Only a few others there and we all gave each other the approved wide berth only to find a whole cluster of employees bunched up and shooting the breeze at the end of the check out counter. Hope you enjoy your biscuits and gravy tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading, some tv shows/movies on Amazon Prime and walking every afternoon. I've been doing a lot more cooking and then more cleaning the kitchen. A lot more cleaning the kitchen! Today I'm going to find an exercise video I can do and then do it. I definitely have fifteen minutes a day to stretch and move. Hoping I can get into a good habit that can last.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.