Monday, March 30, 2020

Getting Creative

The Governor of Virginia announced this afternoon that we will be under a 'stay at home' order until June 2nd.

Let's see... That's 64 days. Hmmm. I could have a litter of puppies in that time... if I was a dog, that is! 

1,146 hours... 512 of those asleep. Gee... wonder what I can do with the rest of that time?

                                                      Let's get creative! 

What would I want to learn to do? Well, I could learn to play guitar. Dang. Don't have a guitar. 

I could learn to tap dance. No tap shoes. Could tape coke lids on the toes of my sunday shoes. 

I could learn to sing. No... bad idea. I can't carry a tune but then I am alone so who would notice?

I could clean out my closet. Did that already. This is getting interesting! And, we've only just begun.



What I can do is write encouraging notes (snailmail, emails, texts, etc) to friends and strangers alike. I could make phone calls to people who live alone. I could do a lot of the activities that are being offered for free over the internet. I am reading more. I am spending quiet time with myself, listening to music, reading my Bible. 

But, most of all I love seeing the way people are reaching out to others, even from a distance.. People who have money donating large amounts to help out, women sewing masks for hospitals, teachers teaching students over Zoom, nurses and doctors (God love them) risking their lives to save others. Neighbors making grocery runs for the elderly. And, don't forget all those grocery store workers and other essential commodities we take for granted. I could go on and on. It's heartwarming to see so much good in humankind. 


5 comments:

  1. Yes, it is heartwarming to see so many doing things for others. We will make it through and I will be ready for normal again! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many day to day heroes that it makes one humble. We have a huge learning curve ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all doing what we can for each other. It's the way it should be. You stay safe and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right in that this is the perfect time to write cards and notes to people. I have been doing that this week and also calling and emailing others. The country may become much kinder in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister in law has made masks for those who need them. Many people as you say are doing so much for one another. I will get out to grocery store on Wednesdays and my stay at home grands with mom and dad, I will run by and see. They come by here to play outside too. We have enough sense to stay far enough away, give space like we are supposed to and that hand washing etc.. I have concern for my nephew who is a first responder but they are trained professionals and so thankful for them. Doctors and nurses thank God for them all. Stay safe and well, betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.