Monday, March 9, 2020

Changes In The Air.... I meant, Hair.

 I knew that one day I would do something I had been resisting for years. That day finally arrived late last fall.

                                   I ran out of hair color 
                                  
and I did NOT run to the store to buy more. Nope, Done with that! 

                  Do you know what a liberating feeling that is? 

I knew my hair wasn't brown anymore. Others knew my hair wasn't naturally brown. 
                              
                                 Who was I kidding anyway? 

                                                     Nobody

It's been quite a journey. Every month when I'd go to the beauty salon I would anxiously watch to see how much brown color the hairdresser would cut off. Little by little it went. I still have some of the color lingering on but I like those brown highlights. Hope I can keep them. 

               So, tell me. What do you think of my decision?

   The Before                                         The After

I mean, there comes a time in one's life when you just have to decide to do what you want to. We women often don't ... I think we are too concerned about looks, how other people think about us, our lack of self worth. But, we women have strength. We have power. 

                                               We ROCK! 



17 comments:

  1. Good for you. The natural look is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m all for giving up the coloring after a certain age. IMO it’s a softer look... but again, it’s a personal preference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your new look is great. So pretty! At some point that's the direction I'm going, but not there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed, you rock! It looks great and I too will go the same route sometime in the future:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! I went natural a few years ago and love it! SILVER....it sets you FREE! It really is liberating! One less thing to worry about is what I think! You look FABULOUS my friend! I'm so happy for you! I did a post about mine but it's been a few years ago! Lots of hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the colors we wear look prettier with the silver too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that new look. It really looks great on you. It does open up the colors you can really pull off. I know it did me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say I like the before better, makes your face so much brighter looking and younger, but that's just my opinion ☺ in saying that I think you should wear whichever you like the best and what makes YOU happy😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your natural color is beautiful. I'm about half way all gray. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never colored my hair - I am just letting it go gray naturally. The main thing is to choose what makes you happy!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If my hair was white like yours I'd probably skip getting the highlights but its a dull gray. Next salon visit is to add those highlights again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for showing us the new rockin' Latane! I envy you going through with it - I would like to let mine grow out to grey too but I guess I'm vain, and I still worry about what others think! You do appear a little younger in the before - but that's no surprise, you were!!! Now you're there, with pretty natural hair, and it looks great - enjoy freedom in your new color my dear. Perhaps I'll try in a year or so as hiding grey roots between salon coloring appts. is a pain - plus it's very expensive as I go every 5 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you! As my daughters say, You Do You. Was the grow-out time hard?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like it, it really softens your face. I've recently noticed some celebrities also going natural ie Jane Fonda/Sharon Osborne and let's face it after a certain age we are only fooling ourselves if we think our dye jobs look "natural". My family all grayed early, I had some in high school and started "touching it up" in college followed by full dye jobs in my late 20's. I told myself I would quit when I turned 50 but I finally decided I had had enough in my late 40's. By then I was almost all gray and because I was wearing my hair super short the growing out period was not too bad. I've never regretted it, I liked it and couldn't care less if others didn't. Now that you are a "silver fox" you may need to consider making some changes in your make-up shades and by all means use good hair products designed for gray hair. Also now is the time to wear brighter colors like the lovely red in your after picture, the silver hair really sets them off. Enjoy your new look!
    in my late 40's

    ReplyDelete
  15. I color mine too, but keep it light (looks more blonde). I have also been thinking about leaving it alone. I think you look MAH-VELOUS DAH-LING! You are rocking the "new color"! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair color becomes you Latane. My hair started graying when I was in my mid 30s and I decided to get rid of it and 30+ years later have no regrets, yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.