Thursday, March 19, 2020

On Becoming A World Travel (while staying at home)

This being isolated was unsettling the first couple of days. But, let me tell you. I got the tiger by the tail now!



Yesterday was day 5 of my 'social distancing'. I cleaned my apartment. And, then I did laundry (part of it.. gotta leave something for me to do later)

 I've decided to spend at least one hour a day writing on my novel. So, I did that.
                                   
                                  and I posted a new blog post and facebook post.

I got my 2020 census filled out online. That can be marked off my to-do list. That took all of 2 minutes! 😀

and because I was seeing facebook posts about how to keep children busy and learning new stuff while they are home, I noticed that they were suggesting Virtual Tours.

                                   Well, dang... why had I never thought of that?





Yesterday I took a (virtual) tour of the Louvre Museum in Paris. I was there in person with my daughter, Susan, in 1986 so it sure did dredge up some fun memories for me. When we were there I was shocked at how small Mona Lisa is. I thought she'd be bigger than life. Well, she's more like a sheet of typing paper! I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with her anyway!



Last night I 'traveled' to Peru... and took the nearly half a mile Inkaterra Canopy Walkway over the Amazon Rain Forest. Wow... There are 7 hanging bridges (like a swinging bridge) strung between two trees high over the rain forest canopy. At the end of each bridge was an observation platform.
It was pretty amazing.

I intend to do at least one virtual tour a day while stuck inside. I can travel any place I wish, learn new things. It's exciting. 

4 comments:

  1. Great ideas Latane! You know I've traveled a lot around the planet - doing it a new way will be fun, and there are still several places/countries I'd like to visit. Much cheaper this way too and, with no packing and airports involved, this may be the best way to GO for the foreseeable future!

    Take good care of yourself -
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness the post above mine is a shocker. I think the travel is a super way to pass the time and you are a wise woman to use that. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That comment TWO UP is AWFUL! Go to your settings and check the box "DON'T allow anonymous comments", ridiculous what idiots say! Anyway, I will have to give the virtual touring a try... I hope they serve food:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the virtual travel is awesome! It's great how you are keeping busy and enjoying it. Stay safe and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.