Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Where's Gigi?

Last week... the last restaurant eating we all did.... I met my daughter and son-in-law at QDaddy's Barbeque. They had their grandson Dylan in tow having picked him up from school. Last day they had school for awhile. 

I did not see them in the restaurant when I walked in so I went up to the counter to place my order and I am standing there when I get tackled by some small loving arms. It's Dylan. He's always run up to me to hug and greet. Such a sweet, sweet child.



So, I get to the booth and Shirley is laughing. Seems that they had sent Dylan to the drink machine to get them some straws. He had walked right past me. When she motioned for him to say hello he looks around... doesn't see his Gigi anywhere. She mouths "in the gray sweater". He looks, shrugs his shoulders, still perplexed at where his Gigi is. 


You see, that sweet boy did not recognize his Gigi with her new gray hair!! I asked him if he liked it and to be honest and he said he did. But, like I say, he's really sweet and polite so was that him just being polite or did he really like it. I'll never know. 

6 comments:

  1. I like your pretty gray hair. My sister has salt and pepper as does my brother. Deanie still colors hers and I do mine every once in awhile. I've always been blond so I like to think I have simply gone to a litter shade of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people who love us love us gray or not. No haircuts or color in NYC for awhile. I'm about to find out how really gray I am. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our gray/white/silver hair club is going to get a lot more members!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It won't be long until we can eat out and get those hugs again, I pray. We just have to hang in there. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gray hair! What a wonderful outing with your family. Your corned beef and cabbage dinner looked scrumptious! My daughter cooked up a nice dinner and sent some over for me. You be safe, and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was a lady at work who, for as long as I remember, had gray hair. Well, one day she had it colored to a light brown. I think she used a rinse instead of the more permanent color so she could just try it out. She only kept her hair that color for about a week and then went back to her gray hair. I have to say, I much preferred her gray hair and she really looked so very nice and distinguished with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.