Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Corned Beef and Cabbage for St. Pat's

First of all Shirley and I were supposed to be at Dover Downs  yesterday and today.


(photo from last year)
                    
                                         That got cancelled.
So, that meant that I could participate in our St. Patrick Day's Pot Luck here at the Commons. I had a recipe all picked out and everything. I was going to make colcannon. Now, I've never had colcannon but I didn't figure it would be so hard... just mashed Irish potatoes with leeks and cabbage in them. I do love my Irish Potatoes. And, that got cancelled.

                                      So, what did I do instead? 

I made sure I was wearing something green. I mean you can't be caught without green on or you'll get pinched. Oh, forgot.. who's gonna pinch me? There's no one stirring around this place but me.

I went into the kitchen and made me some corned beef (out of a can with potatoes and onions fried in it) and boiled me some cabbage. That pone of cornbread came out of the oven steaming hot and I just slit me a piece open and smeared it with butter. 


           I was in Irish Heaven! That food was sooooo good. 



I hope you did something to celebrate St. Paddy's day today.                           Especially if you are of Irish descent.

I guess I can take my St. Patty's door decoration down in the                                                      morning. 


                            Time to get the Easter stuff out. 

3 comments:

  1. I wore a green t-shirt!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much celebrating around here, we will have to double up next St. Patrick's Day:) Sorry that your events are being canceled:( We are staying safe and that means finding things to do ALONE:( Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that you made the best of the cancellations, Latane and had your own celebration. Thankfully, we had an in-house celebration with all the trimmings from corned beef and cabbage to soda bread over the weekend when friends joined us. Only a few leftovers gone by Monday. Grenville did wear green on St Patrick's Day, especially since his given name is Patrick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.