Tuesday, May 2, 2023

A Bump In The Road

Before I tell you more about my trip to my daughter's in Rye, NY, I need to tell you how the last 3 months have been filled with worry and angst for me.

There's nothing like finding a lump in your breast to scare the beegeebees out of you.That was the last  part of January. Missed my first appt. to my GP due to my dang car battery being dead as a door nail. So, I scheduled another. Doc agreed... that's a  lump alright!! Well, I knew that. 

Next stop was for  a diagnostic mammogram. That's when I found out it was cancer. Look, I've already had my dose of cancer (colon cancer in 2002). Lord, can't it be something else? Nope. So, off for a biopsy I went.

That was done two days before I left for NY.  Even though I was having a great time, that 'big C' was always in the back of my mind. Is this the last time I get to be here? What do I need to make sure I take care of when I get home (you know, all that important stuff, like destroying your journals. Paying credit card debt your kids didn't know you had.  The important stuff (hehe) 

Today I met with the surgeon. I had some negative markers on there, a lump just under an inch in diameter. No sign so far of nymph nodes being affected. The doc says probably a lumpectomy and probably some type of chemo or radiation and I'll be good as new. 

I fairly danced my way out of the dr.office. Smile stretched from here to China! I feel very blessed, very fortunate and very grateful. As I sat in the dr.office there was a row of pink breast cancer ribbons on the wall. I just stared at them... I never in a million years thought I'd ever relate to one of those. One never knows, does one? 

My family knew all of this was going on, so that trip to see my kiddos in NY was very necessary. The grandson with autism who turned 30 the day I arrived, doesn't travel well at all so I don't see him hardly ever unless I go there. I have to get well, so I can go back and visit again, Right!!!



22 comments:

  1. You are so cute and upbeat in the photo, I stopped and said a prayer for healing for you. I know you want to travel lots more to see your family, especially your 30 year old grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asking God for a return to perfect health for you. What a good report from the surgeon. God is good, all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you as you begin this journey! Yes!! You will be visiting that grandson…and other family…again! Great attitude, and cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you and I know you'll beat this. Glad he gave you good news and you don't have to destroy those journals! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Latane! How blessed you are!! I Praise God for it!
    Wonderful news!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing to hear that news! Thanking God with you and I'll be praying.
    I watched the video below - made me cry! Good tears though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Latane, I can't imagine the thoughts that went through your mind as you heard that you had cancer. I think it's still a scary word. It is very good to hear the news that a lumpectomy along with radiation and chemo should take care of the cancer. I will remember you in my prayers for a good outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Happily, my JB had another good PSA test. It is a relief. He's had cancer since 2013. Take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, my friend. Prayers and love for health and peace. I am sorry you have this to go through. I am so glad that you took care of it right away and that treatment will take care of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry that you have received this diagnosis. I am glad you received such a positive treatment plan from your doctor. Love that picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry about the cancer diagnosis, but glad to hear it can be handled with treatment. The anxiety while waiting would be difficult.
    In your previous post, the video of you arriving at your daughter's door is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you are having to go through this but glad it can be taken care of. Praying all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful surprise to 'see' you on my blog this morning! I'm stunned by this latest 'bump', but it sounds like your care givers are all over this ... thank goodness for cool heads! Yes, God is good. All the time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for the stress you've been under and hoping treatment goes well. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry you've had the worry these last months but now it seems your doctor is optimistic that all will be well. I hope that lightens the burden. Praying all goes well. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m so sorry. I hate you have to go through this, but I love your optimistic spirit! That’s the stuff you need to face hard things. I cackled about the “burning your journals” comment! 😄 That sounds like the way I think! Haha! Please keep us posted on your progress. Sending my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is good to see you! I am so sorry about your diagnosis! The doctor seems sure he can take care of it though, and I am sure you will be fine! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Latane, you are such a beautiful lady. I'm very thankful you've gotten an optimistic diagnosis, I'm praying for you. Thank you for taking the time to write your blog, I do enjoy it. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute pic, Latane. Cancer is scary. I lost my dad, sister, and brother to it. And DH and I both have both been diagnosed with it at one time. We are both survivors. Mine was also BC. Had a lumpectomy and radiation in 2000. So far, so good. Will put you in my prayers, but you hopefully, you should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wishing you nothing but smooth sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have a great attitude Latane, and medicine has come a long way. You'll be planning your next visit to see your family in no time. Hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to learn of this news regarding your health dear Latane. Thankfully you are good hands by sound of it and will be taken care of successfully. Like you, I'm a survivor of colon cancer so many years ago - and like you I have always worried about a return! But we have soldiered on and done a lot in these years - so let's keep up the good work. You are in my prayers and thoughts.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.