Thursday, May 4, 2023

Owen's Birthday Celebration

Let's get back to my trip to New York... 

My grandson, Owen, turned 30 the day I arrived in Rye. We waited until the weekend, though, to celebrate. As long as I can remember he has wanted to go to Abis Japanese Hibachi Restaurant in Greenwich, Ct. on his birthday. So, that's what we did. 


I celebrated with him at Abis only once before. That was in  2011. (picture below) 
                    We all are a bit older now,


Watching the chef slice the veggies, build the onion tower, light it all on fire. So much fun to watch.


Outside Abis 

  Of course, we had to stop for ice cream afterward. 



10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to celebrate with him. The pic of you and your daughter is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place to celebrate his birthday. You stayed in NY a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time with family! So glad you got to spend the time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun! Beautiful family!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun photos! We don't go to the Japanese steak house often, but it's always a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a grand time! Now have a wonderful weekend! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing like celebrating with family! GM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shots! Thank goodness for occasions for the family to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to spend so much time with your family. My dad always loved a scoop of ice cream an hour or two before bed:) Happy memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.