Monday, August 22, 2022

Not That Fire Alarm Again!

 Wouldn't you know it!! 

I went out for a bit of breakfast Sunday morning. Came back and the elevator was not working. Oh, we have two of them but it was the one on my end of the building that was being a pain in the ... 

Rather than walk to the other end of the building, I just climbed three flights of stairs carrying 3 bags (oh did I tell you I also stopped at Dollar Tree) and some iced tea from Hardees. 

I piddled around all day. Mad about my computer being a pain in the ... too, (I'm on my laptop but I prefer my big old desktop one) 


I fixed me some supper. Since it was cool enough (rain was coming in) I took it out to the balcony to eat. And, dang it... if that fire alarm didn't go off again. I just stayed where I was. 

It's sort of like that story about the little Dutch boy who yelled too many times that the dyke was broken and then when it really was, no one listened. I think that if we had a REAL FIRE we'd just ignore the alarm. 

Such is Life at Centerbrooke!

9 comments:

  1. Right. Definitely something that needs straightening out. Your supper looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we lived in a high rise retirement community, the instructions were to stay in our apartments. Isn't that what you're supposed to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no not again!!
    Your supper looks yummy and how pleasant that you got to eat it out on your balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again? Yes, soon people will start ignoring it.
    Good for you for climbing those stairs holding bags and coffee.
    Your supper looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they have fixed the elevator by now. I don't think I could have made the first flight, let alone the third. Your supper looked delicious, especially pleasant on the balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the pajama party on the balconies again?! I can't believe you went up all of those stairs with iced tea AND dollar store bags! Getting older has it's challenges, stairs, for one...I had a mini nightmare the other day: went tent camping, and getting up from the air mattress and walking to the bathhouse without peeing my pants is barely possible as it is, but the other morning: the bathroom was being cleaned and I had to wait even longer! oh dear, I made it, just barely made it...Anyway, your dinner looks really good, too, thank you for sharing, love your sunny attitude.
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the elevator and the fire alarm, but... that dinner looks delicious. Sitting on the balcony with dinner works for me. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We also live in a high rise, 5th floor is the highest and the one we live on. Thankfully, there hasn't been a fire alarm in many months, but the alarms will be tested on Friday so just as loud 😉 The elevators in this building of the mill complex were out of commission for a few days last month, thankfully not both at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.