Saturday, August 27, 2022

Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks

 Oh Lordy,

It's been one more week. My son-in-law John came down to get my sick computer so he could work on it at his house. He gave it CPR over and over but poor thing just went on to computer heaven!!

So, I am struggling with learning a new computer, can't find my favorites, even after I save them. Everything is done differently, in a different place. But, I am finally here on blogger so will let you know that all is not lost. At least, I think I will be able to figure it out! New version of Windows, a new keyboard etc, etc. etc. 

Other than that, life has been dull as dishwater with my computer gone. It's amazing how much I use it to keep me connected to the outside world.... and to you, my blogger buddies. I missed you guys!

So, please hang in there with me while I get better using this new contraption. 

I will not surrender! and the fight is far from over. ... 

16 comments:

  1. Latane, good luck with the new computer. I know it must be a challenge... but you will benefit if just for learning something new. So glad you are staying connected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Pandemic must have migrated to computers ... mine did the very same thing. I was initially reluctant to accept the new Windows 11 -- but had no choice (lol). Trust me, it does get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an intrepid one! All those new things to learn. All the best with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to learn a new one! But you're doing great! You blogged! WOW! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technology is great... when it works! When they tell us at work, "We're getting a new program that will make things easier!" everyone over 50 begins to sweat. :) Me included! Hope you catch on quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it can be so frustrating getting a new piece of electronic equipment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my friend! Technology is great! Until it isn't!!! Glad you have a new computer and hope you get comfortable with it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never easy learning new tricks. Hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaagh! Glad you got a new computer, but I know how hard it is to learn a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Getting used to a new computer is so tough, but I’m sure you’ll come to love it once you do. I’m still learning new tricks on mine a few months later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with all that! I try to keep up-to-date with mine. Such a steep learning curve.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This can be so frustrating! When I get a new computer, I have to get the repair guys to come over and teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree we love our blogging world through these machines, but oh my when they go wrong, we're lost!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I would almost rather have dental work than to have to learn a new computer. I hate that kind of thing. I feel totally lost, as though I have been plunked down in the middle of an uninhabited planet, and I have to figure out how to get along in this strange New World. My condolences on your old one, and my best wishes navigating your new one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just keep at it, it is hard for me to even use the new software😂. Have a great day dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. You'll get it! I got a new phone and it's taken awhile to get used to new settings and put in my passwords again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.