Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Taking Care.

 Once a month I do a Wisdom Wednesday...

                                      Today is the day!

 First a quote from a favorite book. "The Pecan Man" by Cassie D. Sellack. 

"The older I get, the less I care what what people think about me, but I care a great deal about people knowing my business"


That quote really struck a cord in my heart. With age comes wisdom and with wisdom you see what's important and what's not. 

Time becomes a measuring stick. What is necessary for a happy life changes when you realize the clock is ticking.

I want to do what I feel will enrich my life. And, doggone it, my mind is good so I can take care of my own affairs. 

What other people think is no longer something I care about.
I will make my own decisions and I will
Live my life to the fullest. 
I declare my own state of independence!




9 comments:

  1. Super wonderful advice!!! Super wonderful way to live!!!

    If only we learned that bit, about not worrying about what others think, a lot earlier in life!!!! What is the saying...? "Don't worry about what people think of you. They aren't thinking of you. they are only concerned with themselves." :-)

    May we all carry on, my Dear!!!

    Gentle hugs
    💛 💛 💛 💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl....as the younger generation says! lol I know you are doing great and I admire you. You have gumption!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Applauding here, you have a great attitude, one to be very much admired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! So glad I visited you from Granny Marigold's blog. Somehow I've been missing your posts. Love your words today! I've always been very self-concious and worry worry worry about what people think. Well a few weeks ago I signed up for line dancing classes at the senion center. Never laughed so much or had so much fun in my life. Somehow when we're dancing I don't care what anyone thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I tried again and today I can actually post a comment. I'm glad because I agree with you 100%. I really like your attitude.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.