Saturday, August 13, 2022

My Week # 5

 My Week That Was....

How I am feeling... So blessed after last weeks health scare. All the reports came back negative. That's one time the work 'negative' is a good thing. I guess my body was just reminding me that 'yes, silly, you are getting old'. 

What I'm reading... I just finished 'Send Down The Rain' by Charles Martin. Oh my gosh, such a surprise, didn't expect that. The first of the book was confusing, lots of characters that I could see how were going to tie together but then they did and it was a really good read. 


I am looking forward to... a visit from my family from Oregon. Tickets bought for the 5 of them. They'll be here Sept 24th. Can't wait to see them. Haven't seen my daughter and son-in-law since 2018. My granddaughter's family of three I haven't seen in over 10 years. It's going to be quite the reunion.

photo made in 2008, about the time of the granddaughter and greatgrandson's last visit.
with my daughter, Marie.

What annoys me
...that stinking little bitty gnat/fruit fly that keeps darting back and forth between me and the computer. They are nearly impossible to swat! I don't know where they come from. It's usually just one so I am not growing gnats on my farm! 

My latest excitement... I was watching 'Who Do You Think You Are' , an old episode of Courtney Cox, when they were talking about her 18th (I think it was... it was way, way back there) great-grandfather, a man by the name of Thomas Berkeley. That name ran a bell... yep, I looked it up and I am kin to Courtney Cox... like millionth second cousin. ha ha.  There is a Berkeley Castle in England and King Edward II was held prisoner and murdered there. Gruesome tale but Thomas Berkeley seemed to be away from the castle at the time so he was acquitted of the crime. Of course, none of my ancestors would do anything so grievous as murder... I don't think... who knows, that was back in the what was it... 13th, 14th century. I wish I could go visit that castle! 

It was quite a week, that's for sure. I hope your week was filled with fun, laughter and excitement. 

                                                  Tootle Loo,                                                           Latane

5 comments:

  1. Soooo happy for good testing!!! It can certainly put a grin on our face and a zing in our step!!!!!

    Lovely that you have a family visit, to look forward to!

    Do you have some sweet wine around? Take a glass and wet the top rim. Place it up side down in some sugar, to coat the rim. Pour some sweet wine in the glass and place it out somewhere...

    The fruit flies will be attracted to the wine.... Go down and drink.... Be unable to crawl up and out, because of the sugar rim. Voila!!!!

    Very interesting family history fact! Wonderful that you have this knowledge. Of your own family history, I mean.

    💛 💛 💛 💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a post! So glad your tests were negative. And such a fun reunion to look forward to! Very cool to be related to Courtney Cox, even distantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news on the negative test results, Latane, so your mind can be at ease now and just in time for those family visitors from Oregon. yes, we also have those pesky gnats around and suspect they come in with the grocery store produce. Years ago in VA, we would put out small dishes with apple cider vinegar and a touch of dishwasher detergent. They would go in and not come out, but we haven't done that in the apt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I am so happy to read your test results were negative! Such a wonderful feeling! How wonderful about your upcoming visitors. Have a cozy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a good week and lots to look forward to!! it sounds as though you may live forever...unless that gnat gets you!!! *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.