Monday, August 8, 2022

Loving Blackberry Cobbler

 It's already past blackberry season...

I meant to share this with all of you then and guess what! I forgot. 

But, I do love me some blackberry cobbler with a sweet, crunchy top crust, maybe a bit of vanilla ice cream. 


My favorite are the wild blackberries that I used to pick in my grandfather's pasture. 

My son has tame ones. They are bigger and the seeds are bigger too. But, I'll take blackberries wild, tame or half-way in between. 

How many of you like blackberries? Hey, I bet there are several that have never tasted a black berry that makes juice run down your chin and you don't care! They are so good. 

My son and I went several years ago to pick blueberries and they also had blackberries. These are pictures from that time. They weren't ripe when I was visiting him this spring... shucks! 




8 comments:

  1. I too love blackberries, mostly the wild ones. Used to pick them at campsites and put them in muffins! Your cobbler looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed blackberries this year due to the drought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like blackberries, but don't get them very often. This looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pie looks delicious, we had some sunday. Hubby made it and we had ice-cream with it, not the diet but I didn't care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!!

    I am hankering for a Peach Cobbler or Crisp.

    Had to get a new stove, after our old one lasted for 21 years. So now, if it stops being soooo hot, I hope to make one.

    💛 💛 💛 💛

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love blackberries! Your dessert looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like blackberries too and your cobbler looks delicious. Warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream sounds perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cobbler looks delicious. I must make one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.