Thursday, August 4, 2022

National Night Out at the Commons at Centerbrooke

                                    If you don't know what National Night Out is....

It's observed annually when participating organizations/groups honor their heroes (the firefighters, police, law enforcement like the attorney general's office etc). 

                           So, August 2nd was National Night out for 2022.

We had a blast! Our community room was crowded with our heroes, our residents, guests. We had refreshments, karaoke, music, dancing, a photo opt (jail related) and all around wonderful night.

My daughter Shirley brought some yummy cookies to add to the refreshment table and stayed around to enjoy the festivities with me. I'd been a little under the weather but yet I forgot my troubles and just had a great time. 

My daughter trying to escape my camera!

A firefighter and one of our guest dancing

Our kitchen area

A firefighter even did karaoke! He had a great voice. 

One of our residents dancing with a guest. It was his 78th birthday. 

My daughter dancing with a resident. 

No, I did not get up and dance! Although I would have liked to if I had felt better. 

We so appreciate the good care our law-enforcement gives us 'older folks'. 


7 comments:

  1. A fun way to celebrate and honor those who serve us. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Vertigo still there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope you’re feeling better. That’s a terrific daughter you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love going to these. and you got wonderful photos, showing the joy of community. We went to ours last week, but the place was empty. Never did find out why, maybe they posted the wrong location!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like this was a fun event for all and there were a lot of happy folks in these photos, Latane. I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is good to get out, even when you don't feel like dancing. Sometimes it's almost as good to watch others dance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun time. I am sorry you have been under the weather and hope you are all better soon. Sending hugs and prayers your way🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great event! Fun for all. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.