Saturday, August 6, 2022

My Week #4

 The week is over and it was a trying one. Here's my recap:

I am Grateful for getting tests results back that had me scared. Even though it had been twenty years since I'd had colon cancer, some odd behaviors had me with my back to the wall and me down on my knees. But, the tests done came back negative. Whew.... Thank God!

I've been reading a set of four books by Nora Roberts set in the Maryland Eastern Shore. Good reads and they kept me busy wondering how it all would end. My daughter had brought them to me all tied with pretty ribbon. I love things like that and so seldom think to do it myself. (the added ribbon I mean)

I've been watching old episodes of Columbo on Prime Movies. Dang, there's just something about Columbo that keeps me fascinated. He's a master at figuring things out! 

I'm thinking about maybe I should clean my apartment. With me not feeling so well I really let things go. Good excuse, I guess but it's time to get this mess out of here! 


I got a chuckle (and was annoyed, puzzled, tickled and mad) about something I read this week. As I left the dermatologist office, they handed me a sheet of paper with info of my visit. Yep, I am a female. yep, I am 88 years old. Yep, now, wait a cotton-picking minute! The next line read "patient well nourished". What the heck? I may be overweight but that's nothing new. Most of us are. Well-nourished? That just takes the cake! 

                                                    Tootle Loo,

                                                        Latane

10 comments:

  1. So glad that your tests were negative. I know the heat has me beat and the apartment has suffered. Lots to straighten up, but just not in the mood. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the good report! Now that was a bit rude. Hope that you will mention it as there is really no need for such information on your parting paperwork. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the tests revealed nothing worrisome, Latane, although that paperwork comment did give me a chuckle as well. Housecleaning is something most of us seem to delay so you are not along. The books wrapped in ribbon were a thoughtful gift from your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your good test results must have made your day, so very happy you are doing OK Latane. I know the feeling though having had the same problem 30 years ago - we always worry ourselves silly when something just doesn't feel quite right.
    House cleaning I used to do diligently and quite enjoyed, now it's really become a chore, especially in this terribly hot weather. We're off now on a little drive for an ice cream cone - hopefully in the shade of a big tree!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great test results news!
    Well nourished...!...🀣...made me laugh aloud. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news on the test results! Yes I am well nourished too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news on the test result and thanks for the "well nourished" giggle:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Well Nourished" LOL Hey, I like it! Better than "Obese"! -giggles- I think they have hit on something here. -smile-

    Sooooooo glad for the gooood news!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooo very happy for you!!!!!!!

    Like the saying about us, looking good, or our home! -grin- When it feels like you will be happier, if you spruce up your surroundings, then do it. Because then, it won't be work. It will be something you _want_ to do.

    I'm all for doing what is good for us, and not doing stuff, just because we *should.*

    Very sweet of your daughter, the books and the added ribbon.

    "Columbo"!!! Great idea!!! Don't recall watching his shows, so they would even be 'new.' We like mysteries, and what is a better idea, than a Master like him?!? Thank you!!!!!! Have Prime and BritBox.

    Gentle hugs,
    from your "Well Nourished" blogging Friend
    πŸŒΏπŸƒπŸŒΏ πŸŒΏπŸƒπŸŒΏ πŸŒΏπŸƒπŸŒΏ πŸŒΏπŸƒπŸŒΏ

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooh latane, i had a good laugh over the last paragraph!!! whenever i am in the hospital, my weight is always noted in my chart. i beg them to write "well nourished" because i know what comes after that, i've seen it/read it and it ain't pretty!!! i am so happy your test results were good!!

    and at 88 you should have a cleaning person. get one, you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news and a text to be joyful about.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.