Thursday, April 28, 2022

A Trip to Italy Without Leaving Home

                        Oh My! We got a taste of Italy last night.


The owner, Ed White, from the Italian Cellar, came bringing bottles of wine and stories to tell. While he poured a small amount in our glasses he told of the regions of Italy, what grapes grows where the best and how Italy became known as the top seller of wines in the world. 


He also explained the taste, the aroma that we would experience in each of the selections that he had for us. It was a fascination adventure. I'd only done 1 wine tasting before which my granddaughter, who worked at the time, at a winery, had presented for me and her mom. 

I'm not much of a drinker of anything.... take that back.... I drink a lot of sweet tea and Dr. Pepper. Does that count? Nah, probably not. 

I enjoyed our little wine-tasting and history. And, I slept the best last night that I have in many a moon.                                           

                            Wonder why? 😃


4 comments:

  1. It was the wine!!! That's why I love a glass before I go to bed at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love Italy and Italian wine, but have never experienced a wine tasting event. No doubt I'd have to ask for a designated driver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always went to Napa when I visited son in California…I would skip the first few wineries…sampling…have about a few thimbles fill at last one yummm..we also liked the winery in the Amish country at Sugar Creek, Ohio…sounds delightfully fun…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good time! I'm not much of a wine drinker either. I've tried it, I just prefer iced tea! I love that you slept so well after drinking! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.