Thursday, April 21, 2022

Speeding Will Get You A Ticket

 I was visiting An English Girl Rambles 2016 blog this morning and she was remembering a time long ago when she was on a boat that got stopped for speeding. 

It reminded me of a speeding ticket I got way back when....

I was visiting my sister, who lived 130 miles from me. I decided to go to the nearby base and buy some groceries at the commissary before heading home. 

I wasn't familiar with that base so I made a wrong turn, got lost and realized I was in an area that was no where close to the commissary. All of a sudden a jeep sounds his siren, a uniformed guy gets out and proceeds ticketing me for speeding. 

I was going 20 miles an hour in a 15 mile an hour zone!


Well, it being a base it was Federal property so I had to go to Federal Court. I was petrified.  It was the very first ticket I had ever gotten and I had to do the BIG ONE

Once again I had to drive the 130 miles for my court date. I insisted my husband take off work to go with me. It didn't turn out to be such a big deal. We then had to drive 130 miles back home. 

It was decades before I got another speeding ticket! 

                       


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.