Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Kitchen Antics

 In my last post I said that my son was coming up to help Shirley with her Easter Bake Sale. I think he's getting a good intro in the baking business. This Sale is by order only and is weeks in the preparation. Right now Shirley and her husband have been handling it with very little help. So, Michael to the rescue. 

I went up yesterday to just hang out while they decorated fudge cut into egg shapes.

There were 70 eggs to decorate and have individual names piped on each.

I just couldn't stand it one more minute and picked up the decorating bag filled with green icing and started adding leaves so the pansy could be added. 

It has been years since I even had an icing bag in my hand. But, it was me that taught Shirley how to decorate over 50 years ago. So, a little of that is still in my brain somewhere. This is her last Easter Sale so it was my last hurrah as well. 



I loved watching those two siblings cut up. They are just 14 months apart and have always been close. 

Those two kept me entertained. They make sure it's not all work and no play. 



Kids... what joy they are at any age!



5 comments:

  1. What fun! We enjoy our adult children very much, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO true, what a joy! Thanks for sharing these happy times with us! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of a fun family happening.

    Especially lovely picture of you! Oh how I envy your beautiful hair!!!

    Mine is thin, straight and pewter color. Can't "do a thing with it," so I had it just about all cut off. -grin- Hey, if I can't do what I want, at 85, when can I??? -giggggles-

    Wishing you a lovely Easter...
    🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.