Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Hard-headed or Just Determined?

 I was looking at some pictures taken during our times at the beach and came across this one.

I had been having a hard time keeping my balance walking across the sand to get to where the younger ones were having the time of their lives playing in the water. So, my daughter, son-in-law and grandson brought boogie boards for me to walk on. Once I cleared one board, they lay down two more. Clever, huh? 

That was the same year I rode the spinning bumper cars with the kiddos and messed up my balance big time!! 

But, I am hard-headed as all get out. The next day there they all were down by the water's edge so I walked down there without any assistance and surprised them.

Either my balance was better or I was so doggone determined to do it without help. Another mark in my 'victory' book! 


6 comments:

  1. How fun! Sometimes it's good to be hard-headed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you didn't fall, guess this can go under the Victory Label.

    But I still wouldn't advise it, again. >,-)

    πŸŒΌπŸ‹πŸŒΌπŸ‹πŸŒΌπŸ‹πŸŒΌ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that fun! Such a great memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazingly it seems that today I can post my comment!!
    I'm impressed with your determination and sense of adventure. A very long time ago I went on those bumper cars ( I was 8 1/2 months pregnant). I'm not as adventurous any more.
    Using those boogie boards to make it easier for you to walk on the sand was such a great idea!!
    Hopefully now I've broken the 'can't comment' curse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love the beach but it is hard to walk on the sand. I haven't ridden the bumper cars in years, but it looks like fun:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bumper cars would have made me dizzy for sure and so I always avoid anything like those, no amusement rides for me, ever! What a clever solution for getting across the sand and kudos to you for later doing it on your own, Latane!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.