Wednesday, October 27, 2021

'Somebody Feed Phil'

 Being older and then getting caught in this horrific pandemic has caused me to stay inside much more than I normally would. There for awhile I was preparing a book for republishing so I was pretty busy but with that finished I find my days get long and boring.

                                       So, I am watching more television and reading more books. 

I just have to tell you about this new show I am watching on Netflix. There have been 4 seasons already and I had no idea it existed but I watched an episode the other day and am just about binge-watching to catch up. 

                                                              It's 'Somebody Feed Phil'. 

Phil Rosenthal was the creator of 'Everybody Loves Raymond'. With it put on the shelf he wanted to do something different. He is not used to being in front of the camera, nor does he cook..... but..... his new show stars Phil traveling around the world eating all these amazing dishes in all these amazing cities. I want to be part of his crew!

He has a child-like wonder as he samples each dish. He's goofy, unpolished, fun and you can just imagine being right there with him. Some people can't stand his goofiness, and there can be some awkward jokes that fall flat but for one, I enjoy someone having fun and loving life. 

So, I gotta run... I'm up to Season Two now and I don't want to miss a thing. You'll find me sitting in front of the screen, ice tea at hand and maybe a sandwich or some other something to nibble on and I am drooling over handmade tacos from Mexico City, learning how to eat crawfish in New Orleans or watching them dress up some hummus that looks so tempting in Tel Aviv. 

                                                  See you later! 


                              P. S. you'll have to let me know if you love Phil or hate him!!

8 comments:

  1. Don't have Netflix so have no opinion but if you get to vicariously eat and giggle, what is not to love. Keep enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby and I found out about this show early this year and binged all that was out at the time. I can't wait for the new season! Enjoy!! We certainly did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check out Somebody feed Phil. Sounds like something I might like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to know about this. I've been thinking of starting to watch a new food-related show and had no idea which one to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check it out. I thought I have already exhausted about everything there was to watch on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of that show. I'm glad you're enjoying it though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a new one for me as well, Latane, and I have a Netflix subscription so will definitely check it out. It might be better to do so when I'm not hungry too!

    Also, thanks for your visit and comment on the Yankee Siege trebuchet. This site was definitely worth a pull off the road to see.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.