Sunday, October 24, 2021

Our Fall Festival

                      It's been a long time since I had a booth in a festival or craft fair. 

                                                          I mean a LONG time! 


But, yesterday I did it. It was a Mother-daughter affair and we had such a great time and we made some money and laughed and visited with people. But, man was I exhausted at the end of the day! These old bones knew they had been put through the wringer. This morning, even after a good night's sleep, I felt like a freight train had run over me. 



I had some copies of the novel "Springtime in Magnolia" that I had published back in 2014, just lying around in my way. And, I had my watercolors. Getting rid of those is like getting rid of your babies! It was hard for me but it thrilled me and lifted up my sagging confidence to have people come by and remark about how talented I was, how pretty the paintings were. I sold several and I sold some books, too. 



My daughter Shirley (she's the one with the bakery) had her fall sugar cookies. Everyone loves her cookies so we thought there for a bit that she was going to run out. All the bags filled with a dozen cookies were gone, so she opened up some packs of three and made some new 'dozen' bags. That helped. 

      It's good to get out, mingle with people, have some fun. It renews the spirit. 

After a scrambled egg and a cup of hot peach tea this morning, I think I am getting back to normal!! 

8 comments:

  1. How wonderful. Your artwork is absolutely LOVELY! I hope you sold some of your pieces. Sugar cookies sound good to me. I hope you have a restful, good Sunday. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a really fun day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an attractive table! Feel better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely watercolors you have and while it had to hurt to part with them, it also had to feel good to have people appreciate your talent.
    I think if I just stood up all day I'd be shot. Heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice! It does feel so good to do things like this. I'm not going to any festivals this Fall and I sure miss them. I shop on Etsy though! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great time - wish I could have been there and made some purchases - and met your beautiful Shirley.
    BTW Latane - that same freight train runs over me every morning lately!
    'Keep on keeping on' as they say X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that looks like a day filled with smiles. Congrats on the sales and to your daughter too. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely adventure! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.