Friday, October 22, 2021

Craving Hot Biscuits

 I'm Southern....

And,  I love biscuits, the crust all crunchy, the middle soft and tender and dripping with melting butter. 


I can remember that I always loved my Mother's biscuits but I never did get the hang of making really good ones. Finally I gave up and just started whopping those cans on the edge of the counter so we could have biscuits for breakfast. 

The other day I got a hankering for a good hot biscuit. My track record is next to zero! But, I had a new recipe that I thought I'd try. Got it off facebook. It was supposed to be easy. Maybe easy would do the trick for me. 

So, I tried the recipe. I tell you, for supper that night all I had were two biscuits, buttered. One was slathered with muscadine jelly and the other I pour honey over it. I went to bed a happy gal.

But, when I  reheated one the next day I wasn't as thrilled so you better eat them hot. 

Check the fb post here. 

https://www.facebook.com/1040029619/posts/10221858212938056/

4 comments:

  1. I never could make biscuits like my mother, either. I have really good luck with Bisquick biscuits. They turn out every time...and reheat beautifully. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you got to enjoy them hot. I'm not a great cook either. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had lunch an hour ago and darn if you haven't made me hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too get a craving for biscuits. I use the receipt on the Martha White flour package. Makes about 16-17 biscuits, yummy with butter, jam or a slice of county ham!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.