Friday, February 12, 2021

My 'Rocking Chair' Time Has Come

When I had a very busy life I would wonder when my time would come that I could be like an 'old grandma' and sit in my rocking chair with not a care in the world. Even into my eighties I still had so much going on that the question was never far from my mind. 


The Pandemic hit and I couldn't do any outside activities but I was busy getting ready for the publisher a revision of a book I had already published 30 years ago. So, I still wondered about that rocking chair.


Yesterday morning I got up and looked around. There was nothing to do! Well, not anything that HAD to be done. 

                                         So, what did I do all day?

I watched tv, finished a book I was reading, fixed myself stuff to eat and at the end of the day I went to bed.


That was the strangest feeling! I made it.... I finally have my time to not worry about scheduling, finishing projects, doing a darn thing.  Oh, and by the way, while I was watching tv, I was sitting in my recliner and guess what... it's rocks. 


       So, there I was that little old grandma sitting in my rocking chair.                            I wonder how long the euphoria will last! 

10 comments:

  1. My recliner rocks too:) I have spent lots of time at home over the past year and it hasn't hurt too bad. I still like to get out but there aren't many projects waiting to be finished, that's ok too. Enjoy your day dear friend, let's rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! We've had the grandkids every other week since COVID. It's kept me on my toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the midst of moving 1000 miles-the 31st move...to Florida near two little grandsons I haven't seen during the pandemic. bittersweet leaving here and these grands I have been near for three years...have isolated since last March...and am waiting the required time to move...take care...I adore this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Latane! I spent most of the day on the sofa in front of the fireplace yesterday. That Arctic air has us here in Texas in the 20's and threatening to go to the single digits. Since I don't do well in the cold (with or without the pandemic), I tend to bundle up on the sofa with a book or my Animal Crossing game and let the day go by. So enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week I've been terribly lazy - and of course I now feel guilty! I actually have a list as long as my arm of things I should be doing but just haven't had the energy or desire. The miserable weather doesn't help, and of course there's really nowhere to go. My daughter has COVID - in second week - but thankfully has not required hospitalization and seems to be doing better. We haven't been with her since Xmas Eve thankfully - we did deliver food and flowers to her doorstep last week but didn't allow her to even open the door until we had backed out of the driveway!

    Bob enjoys his recliner, me my regular chair - and yes, we are watching far too much TV. Sunday we get vaccine #2 so perhaps I'll get my mojo back when I feel a bit safer.

    Take care dear and enjoy your relaxation days.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think I am already there. Really cold out, we will go into the negatives this weekend so rocking chair and warmth sounds quite ambitious. If the pandemic doesn't make us rock a while, the cold will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recliners can rock? Bummer. Mine doesn't! I daresay you are not the type to enjoy that kind of day for long. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am retired and am always pleased when I find the time to chill out. It is refreshing to have a day like the one you describe. Hey, my recliner rocks too, and turns easily from left to right. It was made in the USA, which made me want to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You keep going. You'll have plenty of time to rock when you're old.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the lockdown is taking away any motivation I had to be active. I do wonder if it will come back or will I become content to sit back watching TV and reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.