Saturday, March 2, 2024

The Golden Goose That Laid the Golden Egg

 Mid-February we held our activity planning meeting and came up with a few great ideas for the residents here at The Commons at Centerbrooke to enjoy. 

This one lasts all month long and how cute it is!! A golden egg will be hidden each day. The resident who finds it gets a prize. 

I couldn't be happier that a good, good friend of mine found that golden egg on March 1st. 


Her name is Evelyn. She's a retired nurse, a good Christian woman, a good friend and has such a sweet, giving heart. 

I got the biggest kick out of her gift to me on my birthday. It was a card with a fake million dollar bill inside. (along with some real money) 'cause she said I was worth a million dollars to her. Now isn't that the sweetest, and so clever! 



I have made such good friends since moving into this 55+ apartment complex. Don't see the younger ones much since they are off working or shopping or whatever it is younger folks do. I've forgotten what that is like!! But, those closer my age, now we have a good time. Yes, we complain about our aches and pains but we are there for each other through thick and thin. And, we know how to party when it's time to party!!


12 comments:

  1. such a precious card. Love it and Happy Belated Birthday to you. you are in the perfect place. congratulations to the winner of the golden egg. had to laugh at your comment about ask Alexis.. I don't have her but I sure ask Google for answers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, Latane! It is so important to have good neighbors! Such a beautiful cross. andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to find your blog, thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Latane, that's so sweet of Evelyn, glad she found that golden egg. I have a daughter named Evelyn Joy, so I'm partial to that name.:) I love reading here, it's nice how you enjoy your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Latane~ What a sweet card from a sweet friend, just beautiful and thoughtful, the best kind. I love the idea of a golden egg! What a fun thing to look forward to each day of March! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. What a happy birthday surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fun activity and I'm glad your friend found it. Maybe you will too!
    Her card is sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card from a lovely lady!! Looking for the golden egg every day sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great theme, Latane! My middle name's Evelyn, so I love your gal pal already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great friend Evelyn is and I like the idea of the Golden Egg, sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea to hide an egg everyday. Who doesn't love an Easter egg hunt?! Evelyn sounds like a lot of fun! What a blessing to have a great friend like her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The search for the golden egg sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.