Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Oh, How The Wind Doeth Blow!

 Oh boy, did the wind howl, and whistle and screech around the corner of my apartment last night! I lay in bed listening to it and trying to figure out what it reminded me of. An old movie with a bad winter storm, maybe. the time I was in a hurricane, a characture of Old Man Winter with icy breath coming from his mouth. 


Actually it wasn't that cold. But, I had fun with imagery while I listened to it.

I went to lunch yesterday with 6 others from Centerbrooke. We are trying to start up our lunch bunch once again but this time we are on our own for transportation. We used to go by van but since Covid that van is sitting on the backlot, mold growing on it's rooftop, man, it needs a powerwash. And, a driver. But, we will do what we have to do to go out and have fun. 


I am so happy that I can now get out and do things. I missed that so much but at the time (my radiation and right after) I was most happy curled up in my bed either sleeping or streaming on my tablet. No motivation whatsoever. But, Old MoJo is back and I am raring to go. 

10 comments:

  1. Good looking lunch bunch!
    Oh lady, I'm so suggestible; one look at your title and the little record player in my head began playing Glen Yarborough(sp): "Baby the rain must fall, baby the wind must blow, wherever my heart leads me, baby I must go-o-o-"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have your energy back and have some ladies to enjoy lunch with. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back mojo! you all look so happy and it makes me happy to see all of you going out together. Hope someday they get the bus working again

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are all doing this and even more that you are feeling better and want to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you have all your enthusiasm back!!! I wish you could find a driver for that van that's growing moldy while no one uses it. With better weather coming there will be so many things you'll want to get out and do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a good time, at our age we deserve a good time (Sandy from the UK )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great your lunch bunch is meeting up again, I bet you all have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being out and about with friends is very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you and your friends to get together and go out for lunch. To bad that van is non-operational and maybe there's hope for it to be running again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a lunch bunch who meet once a week too. Heard today that more are clammering to join our 'exclusive' bunch, but don't know how many the cafe can handle at once.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.