Saturday, March 16, 2024

Joy, Joy, Joy!

It's been a good time, a fun time, a time of loving and learning....

Susan and Owen (he's 30, 6'5" tall and has severe autism) spent some time with me this week. Owen doesn't travel well so he had not been down for 12-13 years. Of course, I'd go spend time with him and he kept asking his Mom, 'Go to Virginia. See Grandma'. 

Yes indeed, Owen, and we had a wonderful visit. Not much picture taking but here one of him and his Mom taken elsewhere.


He loved going to Sonic for cheese tater tots and strawberry milk shakes! The tater tots I could do without but those milk shakes are too good to pass up.

Too soon it was time for them to go. Shirley came down to say goodbye to them as well. Owen took my picture with my two sweet daughters.



My week also included two doctor visits.

Had my 1 month 'after radiation' checkup and it went super. My next appointment in this clinic is not for 6 months!! Yippee

I also had two Plantar's warts taken off my left foot. 

Just a week filled with so many joys and I'd even list that foot surgery as a joy. 
I'm just one happy camper. 

Missed you guys. I'll try to catch up soon. 

14 comments:

  1. What a great post! I'm so glad Owen was able to come see you. That's a sweet pic of him and your daughter. And another sweet pic of your girls and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend visit. I am so glad your grandson came to visit. We have a autistic young man in our family, too, and he does quite well. I know you love him dearly. Beautiful picture of you and your girls. Thanks for popping by my blog and Happy St. Pat's Day to you tomorrow. Hugs- Diana. ps....so glad your follow up visit went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughters are beautiful and so good to you! So nice to see your grandson and he took a good photo! Enjoy these 6 months and I hope the future is good for your checkup. andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to 'see' you back! Aren't Owen's eyes beautiful? I love that he was able to 'see Grandma' and enjoy Sonic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely visits with your daughters and your grandson too.
    Have a Happy St Patrick's Day 💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news that your check up went well and lovely for you to have your family there to share the joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to have a visit from your daughter and grandson, and great news that you don't have another appointment for 6 months. What a relief for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so handsome and I am so happy you were all able to visit with each other. And yay for 6 months return visit. My husbands son was 6'5" and had severe autism which means I know the challenges. Robby was born in 1960 when no one had ever heard of autism. I am so glad to hear how well you are doing with your treatments

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another wonderful family get together for all of you, Latane, and glad to read about the health update too. Life is treating you very well ☘️

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are looking well! Nice to have that visit and some grandma time with Owen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WoW!!! this sounds wonderful and your daughters are beautiful...looks like they take after their mom!! owen is a very good looking man!! good to hear your health is good, that's great news and must bring you much comfort!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad to hear that Owen was able to send time visiting you at your home. Your daughters look like you Latane! Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three gorgeous gals and a handsome grandson. Lovely you could all get together.
    Glad your health is better and you are going forward dear Latane. 💞

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.