Thursday, March 21, 2024

Choosing Healthy over not so Healthy

 I couldn't help but drool over these photos as I was scanning through some earlier pictures. I mean, who could resist these pastries! I am afraid I have a sweet tooth when it comes to certain things that I shouldn't eat. Is it because I shouldn't have them that gives me such a craving or am I just a nut for sugary things?

Who knows.... But, just look at these. Could you forego any of them? 




At least I ate something healthy last night. Tried a new recipe. I just don't know how food photographers make food look so good! Compare the pictures. First the one I discovered on facebook...



Then here is mine. 


The pictures may not look the same but it was a very refreshing, tasty salad. I'll have to make it again sometime. 

Oh, in case you are wondering. It's chicken, avocado slices, blackberries, strawberries, crispy-fried goat cheese, candied pecans on a bed of lettuce and drizzled with balsamic vinargrette. 

9 comments:

  1. Latane, we love pastries here... and as long as one doesn't overdue (or is diabetic), no problem. And I think your salad sounds and looks delicious. I don't do goat cheese, but could easily substitute another (love most cheeses).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet things too. And I think your salad looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I would not be able to resist those pastries! Haha! Your salad looks delicious! I love candied pecans on anything! McAlister's has a wonderful Cranberry Pecan salad that has them in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! I'm not a sweets fan. Hubby sure is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The salad looks delicious. Sweets are hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am doing my best to resist cakes and pastries at the moment but looking at those pictures doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sweets and pastries a lot too Latane:) Your salad looks better to me than the one you showed from Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your salad looks delicious and the size of those blackberries! Lynne u.k.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love sweets especially pastries!! The ones you pictured I certainly would not resist. The salad looks really tasty too.
    That's a lovely picture of you ( with the croissant). Keep enjoying life 💓💓💓

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.