Friday, March 29, 2024

My Good Friday

                                                            Good Friday!!


I woke up this morning and jumped outta bed. I had places to go today. Well, just one place but it's one I have participated in on Good Friday more years than I care to remember! 


                                          It was Shirley's Easter Bake Sale. 

She's been doing it for around 40 years and yes, she retired the beginning of last year. Ha Ha.  Couldn't stand not being in that kitchen so she is doing a much scaled-down version now. 


She added two new vendors to her show. Her daughter, Brittany, that makes cheesecakes in a jar, Fig preserves and several different 'heat' selections of Pepper Jelly. A very successful day for her today. I got a cherry cheesecake and chose a mild pepper jelly. I like it served atop cream cheese on crackers. 

And, there was a young lady named Madison who is just starting her business. She makes sour dough bread, dinner rolls and cookies. My selections from Madison were cookies and dinner rolls. Can't wait to heat a couple of those up and slather them with butter. That may be my supper tonight! 


People were lined up down the sidewalk waiting for the doors to open. Madison sold out in about 30 minutes!! Brittany had more products than Madison but she sold a lot and of course, Shirley sold all her chick cookies and people were still asking for John's fudge long after it was gone. I didn't even get any of theirs! 😞

I saw several people I had known when I lived in Wakefield. Couldn't remember their names!! But, I hadn't seen them in forever so I will blame that and not my age on my forgetfulness!. Isn't it funny how you forget things you don't think about often and it happens so much more often at this stage of my life. But, hey, I drove up there (30 miles), made myself useful, saw some friends, ate lunch with my family after the crowd of customers dwindled down and then I drove home. I got here, piled up on my bed and read my new Southern Living Magazine. 

                                            It was a good day! 

I think I will go in the kitchen and heat up a couple of those dinner rolls.... 


10 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I would love to go, but it would be a bit of a drive for me.
    Good for you for driving there and spending the day. You'll sleep well with a happy tummy tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very popular annual event. Hope you enjoyed your delicious sounding supper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that event sounds fun. I used to sell jams and jellies at our Farmer's Market, but that was years ago. Now the require a food license of some sort. Glad they are still having bake sales like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinner rolls for dinner is my kind of meal. I do love BREAD, all or any of it. Cheescake in a jar, sounds good and also if you buy one jar you can't overeat the cheese cake.. I am impressed you drove there and back. good job, keep on keepinon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It's wonderful to hear of the crowd of people waiting to buy all those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing how all those yummy products just were bought up so fast!!
    Your choices look delicious. Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a very popular event, and all those goodies.. Happy Easter Latane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter! All those goodies sound and look good. Wish I could taste them. Yesterday I’ve been painting the bathroom, & cleaning ahead of a family visit tomorrow but today I plan to make spiced bread. I love hot cross buns. Best wishes, lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 🐇 Easter to you Latane and that event was certainly a very sweet one. Everything looked so good and delicious, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, how fun and what a huge success!! i really enjoy events like this...and the picture of you and the girls is beautiful!! i hope you had a grand easter weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.