Sunday, March 24, 2024

Enjoying Our Surroundings

 It's cold this morning. We had a bunch of rain yesterday so it's not a good idea to plan on sitting on the balcony today. Wind has picked up, too. Makes for a miserable time. 

I do enjoy my balcony. I love to sit there and watch all the things God has given us to enjoy. The other day I noticed a couple of Mallards on the pond. I think it is so odd that in most of nature the male outshines the female. But, as a human, and a woman I think we outshine the men!! Right, girls? 



Sometimes late in the afternoon, a black cat will come creeping out of the woods and sits on the bank of the pond to sun herself. I am not sure who she belongs to.. there is a church and a school on the other side of the woods so perhaps she is the rat catcher for those places. She'll sit there for ever so long and then she just casually strolls back through the trees and is gone until the next afternoon. 


I hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday. I hope your day is sunny and bright.... and warm! Take good care of yourselves. See you again soon. 

7 comments:

  1. I love to sit out if the sun is warm and bright but it's windy today so I want to try to walk. We all have to watch the changing weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought the flashy males in nature was funny too, in comparison to us humans...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As it’s finally stopped raining in the U.K. I’ve been gardening this weekend. Sometimes running indoors to avoid being drenched by early April showers. Mainly I’ve been tussling with weeds, getting in early before they take over. I’ve planted some cottage garden flowers including lupins & peonies, so I’m hoping for a colourful show later on this Summer. Love that the cat visits your lake to enjoy and watch nature for a spell too. May your rain & wind clear up for you soon. Best wishes, lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your sighting of the cat sitting in the sun in the late afternoon. I have an elderly dog who loves to go out and sit in the sun no matter if it is cold or really hot. He and I both think there are too many gray days in the winter. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great news you have a balcony and a view that includes a cat and sunshine. yesterday all day I kept bursting into the old hymn, Count your many blessings, see what God has done... that would be perfect for singing on your balcony

    ReplyDelete
  6. We enjoy watching the Mallard ducks, Canada geese and gulls from not only our 5th floor apt window, but closer up along the Nashua River bank. How nice that you can enjoy them from your balcony, Latane. We do miss front porch-sitting as we used to do when living in VA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful pictures and how wonderful that you can sit outside and watch these beautiful creatures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.