Monday, February 19, 2024

Friends and Other Important Things

 Mary  a friend from over at A Breath Of Fresh Air, said in my comment section that we cancer survivors must stick together ... 'cause we have a lot of living to do, places to go and chocolate to eat. Mary, I agree wholeheartly. Be sure to click on Mary and visit her if you don't already. 

My sweet Susan got me a box of  truffles for Valentines.


As you can see, they are long gone! 


Speaking of cancer... I know that several of my blogging buddies have come face to face with that awful fear of the big C. Each story is different 'cause we are so different. Glad everyone is still around, going places, eating chocolates.... Love you guys so much.

I guess I figured that since I was finished with radiation, I could put it behind me. Forgot the doctor said that after the treatments were over, it would get worse before it got better. So, with Susan here I did too much. She left and I  still thought I could come and go as I pleased. And,  I flat crashed. I am like a balloon,  full of hot air and flying high and all of a sudden a pin pokes me and I look like this!! 


I have a new follower named Sandy. I am always so  excited when  I get a new follower. We used to be  able to link to a new follower but most are not allowing that now. Another product of the nasties out in the world. So, Sandy... hi. 

I recently finished reading 'The Waters' by Campbell. Susan gave it to me to enjoy while I was 'lying low'. She said the reviews had been good but then someone said it was weird so that scared her a bit. Would Mama like it? 

Well,Mama did like it. Yes,it was different, a bit weird! But,it was well written and held me in the page-turning mode especially toward the end. 

                                I hope you all have a wonderful week. 

Hugs, Latane


9 comments:

  1. Those chocolates must have really been enjoyable, Latane, ad truffles always are for me. Hope you are taking time to rest up after your high of the past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! The chocolates look like they were delicious. I hope you are feeling a bit better after some rest. Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truffles are always good!
    Sorry you were like a flat balloon, I can imagine what fun you were having with Susan there. Now you can rest up again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love truffles too, and friends are the best medicine you could ever take, so pleased you have some to help you along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healing continues after radiation I guess. Listen to your body and get well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying again!
    I'm sorry that pin-prick deflated your balloon -- mo' chocolate over here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Latane, I do the same thing when I'm with people... go, go, go and then ho-hum, I need to rest. You have a better excuse than me. Doctor's orders... take it easy and enjoy your time to rest:) You'll be back to your normal energy soon. I bet those chocolates were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Latane, Those chocolates look divine. Sorry to hear you crashed, I hope your energy lifts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you fell flat and deflated. I hope you recover quickly. That book looks so interesting and the chocolates must have been very delicious to be all gone now. (Mind you, there aren't that many in a box, right?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.