Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Breakfast Time

                         It's Wednesday. Time to check in with everyone. 

The first thing on my mind is a poll taken of the best breakfast places to eat. This was from 'It's a Southern Thing' on facebook. 

I enjoy breakfast a LOT... Like every other meal, I want a good one, one that's tasty, filling and fun. 

I thought I'd check out how that poll went ... to see if it measured up to my standards... 

#9 Arby's (now, I've never had breakfast in Arbys so I can't judge. Love their roast beef sandwiches though (with plenty of horseradish sauce).

#8 Wendy's.  I like their home fries but I can't even remember what the rest of the meal tasted like so it must not have been too impressive.

#7 WhatA Burger.  I've never eaten at a WhataBurger, they don't have them in my neck of the woods. I have to take their word for it that they have a decent breakfast.

#6  Krystals .. Does Krystals still exist? Haven't seen one in ages but when I much younger I loved their little burgers.

#5  Bojangles... There's a Bojangles 2 blocks from my apartment. I am quite taken with their morning fare and believe that they deserved to be swapped for #4 or maybe #2.

#4  Burger King... I would walk 5 miles in the snow, barefoot,all uphill for a Whopper but when I have ordered breakfast from BK, I thought it was awful.

#3 Hardees... This place has been my go-to place for sausage biscuit for years and there is one about 4 blocks from my apartment. If they have a good biscuit maker, they can't be beat.

#2 McDonalds... wonder how it got that rating?

#1 Chic-fil-A... I enjoy their little chicken biscuits but I would not give it #1 for breakfast. It's true that this chain knows how to do chicken and their chic-fil-a sauce, I could swim in it! The fast service is par none. 

What's your favorite place to eat breakfast? 

13 comments:

  1. House of Pancakes used to have a good breakfast but since the pandemic, they are not what they used to be. So it's pretty much HOME is the best place in town for breakfast and cheaper too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I'm not one for fast food breakfast, but I do like McDonalds for breakfast. Can you believe that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. McD, sausage biscuit
    I rarely have a meal anywhere else.
    Favorite are scrambled eggs, home fries, sausage with real maple syrup, toast and coffee. At home, sometimes, buckwheat blueberry pancakes with real maply syrup. Sandwich since I was a kid, buttered toast, applesauce, bacon, egg, ketchup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite place to eat breakfast is right here at home. It's only toast and coffee but it's all I want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Home is my favorite place for breakfast. If we are on the go, our first choice is a non-chain, locally owned restaurant. If we go into the "big city" it is also a non-chain, locally owned restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never eaten breakfast at any of these places, but have eaten lunch at most of them. Chic fi la is my favorite of these, and I used to love Wendy's burgers but since 2020 they don't taste the same. I like Golden Corral buffet breakfast or Cracker Barrel. now at home i like cold left over pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of those listed, I'm going with Chick Fil-A and McD sausage biscuit a close second. I used to love IHOP, but every time we go they've messed up Tom's order -- it's not worth seeing the expression on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of those listed I've only had breakfast of a Sausage McMuffin with Egg at McDonalds. Years ago I loved their Sausage Burritos but when I saw the calories in them, I stopped getting them. Ha! Otherwise my favorite restaurant place for breakfast is Perkins. Pancakes, eggs and sausages... what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Latane! I rarely eat breakfast outside of my home, but if I did, it wouldn't be at any of these places. My favorite breakfast is a wonderful restaurant in my area called, Abracadabra. Their food is amazing and it's only opened in the morning and afternoon until 2 o'clock. I'm not much for fast food. I've never been a McDonalds fan either. Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like yourself, Latane, I really enjoy breakfast and when we travel, and even when we do not, it's my favorite meal! And, this was a timely post as we are going out on a rainy Friday to a recently opened breakfast place in Nashua, NH, called appropriately The Yolk. I would not enjoy breakfast at fast food places.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No place like home for a healthy breakfast - or any other meal come to that!!!!
    If on the road though, away from home, here in the south I would choose a Bojangles plain egg biscuit, well-baked so a little crispy on the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's interesting to see your take on the breakfast offerings from various fast-food chains! Each person's preferences are unique, and it's clear you have a discerning palate when it comes to breakfast. While you may have your favorites and reservations about certain chains, it's all about finding what satisfies your taste buds and starts your day off on the right foot. As for my favorite place to eat breakfast, I enjoy starting my day with a hearty homemade breakfast at home or exploring local diners for a cozy and comforting meal. How about you? What's your go-to spot for breakfast? By the way, I just posted a new blog entry, and I'd love for you to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We rarely eat out, but my favorite place to eat breakfast would have to be Cracker Barrel's pecan pancakes with warm maple syrup. Second would be Bojangles Cheddar Bo biscuit or country ham biscuit. We have a bowl of cereal every morning. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.