Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Murphy's Law...

I've been thinking about y'all and wondering what you were up to. Just had a rough spot the last few days. 

It all started on Friday. Shirley came down to take me to my treatment and we always go to lunch first. 

Well, she said I could pick any place I wanted so it wasn't my fault!! I chose the Mod Olive downtown not even thinking about the fact that there was a railroad between there and the hospital. 

The 'not even thinking' got us in trouble. After lunch, just as we approached the railroad the arms come down, red lights flashing. A train is coming. We have waited as long as half an hour on trains before, so this wasn't an option. 

Shirley turned around and headed to another crossing, hoping to beat the train but guess what. Just as we approached the crossing, down come the arms and we are stuck again. Luckily it was only an engine pulling about half a dozen cars and we take off again.. we are going to make it on time. NOT

Closer to my treatment clinic the traffic slows down then it stops and we start creeping forward inch by inch. What the dickens!! It's just not my day! It's a wreck. So, we edge our way forward. Finally get to the clinic, late of course!! But, they were so nice about it. Some places won't take you if you are late! But, these girls are always so sweet and friendly and forgiving. 

Well, I start to get up off the table after my radiation is over and I guess I got up too fast. Had a little bout of vertigo that lasted all weekend. If it 'ain't' one thing it's twenty. But, I feel super this morning. And, hey, counting today I just got 5 more to go!! Yippee. 



12 comments:

  1. Sorry for the rough day! Glad the girls were sweet and the vertigo has pased.
    Hooray for only 5 more treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy for your 4 more treatments. We have a train that is a 10 minute train and there is no way around it. we have to factor it in our times. until we forget. glad they let you get the treatment anyway. Vertigo is really rough. hope its better today

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad those clinic employees were understanding.
    This reminds me of the traffic ticket I got for dodging under those mechanical arms just in the nick of time. My 19 y/o self was quite put out by the officer's demeanor, but 52 years later, I suppose he had a point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your great attitude & glad you were able to have your treatment. I hate being late and get rifled up too & stressed. My late father used to turn all the clocks forward 5 minutes to try & trick my mom into being early ( it didn’t work :). You have the longest trains in the U.S.A in comparison to U.K. I once visited Pennsylvania and counted 44 cars on a goods train passing in the dark near the baseball park , there may have been more but I gave up counting. Best wishes lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You amaze me with your whitty positive attitude. Despite everything you seem to have not lost your zippity-do-dah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can happen to anyone, but at least the nurses were good to you.. Praying all will prove well for you and all the rest of the treatments will be less stressful, At least you're smiling through it all.... Keep dancing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring will be here soon. Your treatments will be finished. Brighter days ahead

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your experience with Murphy's Law. Glad to hear the nurses were good to you. Vertigo is no fun. Hope it is gone for good. Thinking of you as you go through your treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wondering about you and figured you weren't posting here because it had gotten rough. Take it easy. You'll be done before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry that you've been feeling rough. We have trains that go right through town and those trains are so long. If you have the misfortune to be in a hurry and one of those comes through you just have to sit and wait. Nice that the nurses were understanding and not cranky about your tardiness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hang in there Latane! I love that Shirley is watching over you and making sure you are doing okay. Vertigo is no fun is it? I hope you don't get it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.