Thursday, February 15, 2024

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!!!

 Oh my gosh! 

Guess you have been wondering where I have  been!! Well, let me tell you. 

Susan, my baby daughter, had been planning to come down sometime during my radiation but nothing was set in stone. 

Monday was the next to last day treatment so as usual Shirley and I go to lunch first. We lollygag around longer than I thought we should but finally we head toward the restaurant exit. Somebody opens the door for us. I go through, intend on getting to the car and don't even acknowledge the kind person opening the door. Guess it 'ticked' them off I was so thoughtless and they stepped out in front of me. 

It was my Susan! She'd flown down to surprise me and be here to help me for a few days. Well, as I usually do when startled, I blurted out 'Well Sh-t!' I was so surprised and so happy.

So, she has been with me for several days, just left headed back to New York. She was such a huge joy, a huge help, and huge bunch of love! I hated to see her go.

That was Monday....

Tuesday was my last day of treatment and Susan took me. Here I am celebrating afterward. I've already kicked my shoes off and I am ready to get back to 'normal'. Instead of ringing a bell like they do for chemo completion, the radiation department gave me a tea mug filled with candy and a smiley face balloon. Those girls are just so sweet.


It's over! It's done with and I am raring to go, do something exciting, different, fun. 
The doc did say, though, that it will take a month to 6 weeks for me to get my strength back. I don't think I want to wait that long... 
hmmm.
wonder what I can do in the meantime? 


13 comments:

  1. Yay for Susan’s surprise! What a special time! Very good to know you’ve had your last radiation treatment! Sending you virtual hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise! Glad you have finished your radiation treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for you that the radiation is now behind you! Very nice that Susan's visit blessed you. That was very sweet of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! You look marvelous (Can you hear that in Billy Crystal fashion?)
    I love that Susan surprised you and am so happy those treatments are done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah for lovely surprises! How wonderful that Susan could come and be with you for a few days. What a relief to be all done your treatments 💗💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, you did it! I can't wait to hear what's next up your sleeve. (*grin*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your amazing energy brightens my day. I'm sure you will find something fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH! Congratulations on finishing treatment and I know you are looking forward to what's next. Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would spend the next 6 weeks planning as many adventures as you can. Go girl go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news dear friend - congratulations and be strong again soon.
    Such lovely girls you have - I admit to being a bit envious and would to have my children care more for others.........such as Bob and me!!!!!
    Anyway, we cancer survivors must stick together - still lots of living to do, places to go, chocolate to eat!!!
    Big hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! You Look absolutely marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bravo to you Latane for completing your treatments and how wonderful that Susan came to surprise you! You do look happy and lovely, especially in those pink pants 😉

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so proud of you and know you are glad to be done with this! Rest and relax! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.