Sunday, February 25, 2024

Reading and Eating

My daughter Shirley loves Chic-fil-a !  She finds any excuse whatsoever to have lunch there. Since I moved to Suffolk (Virginia) in 2014, where the nearest Chic-fil-a was, she and I have eaten there too many times to count. 


In fact, she's made her love of that place so well known that  her husband was teasing her about it one day. He told her that when she died he was going to have her cremated and then he was going to sprinkle her ashes just outside Chic-fil-a's door. 



Right in the beginning there was this one waitress that caught our eye. An older lady, short in stature, long hair pulled up into a bun, friendly, always helpful. We tried to get in her line so she'd take our order each time. 

Sometimes she'd come by our table  and chat a brief spell. One day she said she was a writer. I am,too, so that gave us a topic to talk about for sure. Seems she has 19 published books on the market, those sweet little romance novels that are easy reading and so enjoyable. Her name is  Nan O'Berry. And, her books are on Amazon (just in case you need something to read these days 😃 I just finished this one and found it delightful. 



12 comments:

  1. Well, how cool is that? I like Chik-fil-A too, and I love that your waitress is a writer. I'll have to check out her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun thing to find out! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a small world! I love Chick-Fil-A, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome that you met an author at Chick-Fil-A. I love that place too, it never disappoints! Love your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love chic fi la, hubby will not eat it, I also like the title of this book. glad you have your daughter to eat with there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that is pretty cool that you met another writer. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is so neat meeting a published book author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow how amazing that she is an author, I must look up a book by her. But also how lovely to eat out with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Imagine that! A published author serving your food!
    That's a lovely picture of you 💗

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, you make friends wherever you go, don't you? It's so nice you go to eat with your daughter, and wow, I'll have to check those books out! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have never eaten at a Chick-Fil-A although from the long lines of cars there, it's always a popular fast food place.Interesting that the person who waited on your table is a published author as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.