Wednesday, October 26, 2022

You Just Never Know!

 I was talking with my daughter Susan this morning. We would love to do things together but distance keeps us from achieving that ambition. We tried having a book club. Read our book... and never could figure out a time to do a zoom chat so that fell by the wayside.

We'd love to try new recipes and I suggested we try the same one and then compare notes. Maybe even video the cooking at the same time (facetime or zoom). 

And then this conversation happened.

Me: Oh, I've been streaming this neat program about cooking healthy on Discovery +.

Susan: Who is it?

Me: I can't remember her name. She's been on the Food Network and the Cooking Channel. She's a nutritionist.

Susan: What's she look like?

Me: Got short black hair  (and I can't continue because Susan broke in......)

Susan: Ellie Krieger! I used to model with her and she'd come to our apartment and cook stuff for us girls to eat.

Ellie Krieger, the nutritionist. 

This world is just so small and is getting smaller. 

Susan modeled for the Wilhelmia Modeling Agency when she was younger. She made some awesome friends back then that have gone into other careers (including Ellie). Susan's 'Career' has been the caregiver for her autistic son which, believe me, is a full time job. 

Ellie stopped modeling and attended Princeton and Columbia to get her degree in nutrition. And, here I am watching her on my Kindle on Discovery+.

You just never know how things will turn out, do you?


Susan in two modeling shoots. 



7 comments:

  1. How fun is THIS???? Susan is gorgeous! It really IS just a small small world after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun coincidence. I have been watching Ellie for years and have enjoyed many of her recipes. Your Susan's modeling photos are beautiful. Does she still keep in touch with Ellie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so interesting - a small world indeed. Susan is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen the program, but now I'll be on the lookout. Definitely trying to eat healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing! It really is a small world. Your daughter is beautiful, inside and out it sounds like. :) I lead a Sunday school class at our church for students with special needs. Most of our students have autism, each one so different, and so precious to the Lord. I'll be praying for your daughter and her son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both Susan and Ellie K. are very attractive women and I knew immediately the name of the nutritionist you were talking about without reading further. I didn't know that EK was a model who later changed careers and that you daughter and she worked together. Indeed, the world is full of coincidences.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.