Monday, October 24, 2022

Fall Festival

 Last Saturday was sunny but cold. It was the day of our annual Fall Festival here at Centerbrooke. I should have known better, having just come off a bout with bronchitis but sometimes you do things you shouldn't without thinking out the whys and why-nots.

I set up a tray table, just big enough to hold what books I had stored here in the apartment, so perhaps I could get rid of some. Fall pollen was what caused my bronchitis. Like I say, I should have known better. But, regardless, I had a nice time, sold some books, met some new residents and that's a good thing. 

Of course, Sunday morning, my throat was acting up again and I feel rather crummy. 

I didn't take many pictures but here are a few. 


A small section of the venue... people beginning to set up their wares for sale.


Here I am with my little bitty table. But, it was big enough.


Two residents chatting. I took this picture because the woman on the left reminds me of Iris Apfel... you know, the big jewelry, the oversized glasses, the high heels. She said she was 90 years old! You'll not catch me prancing around in heels! Nope, not me. How she did it, I do not know. There weren't any backs in her shoes. How did she keep them on?


We had several people having yard sale tables, too. I give stuff away all the time... trying to downsize... but I could not resist this cute pansy cup and saucer and the basket vase. 

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day except for you not feeling well.
    Love the cup and saucer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made some sales! That lady is cute! I wouldn't be in the skirt or the heels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you are not feeling so great...again. At least, you met some folks and sold a few books. That lady looks amazing. I couldn't function in those Barbie shoes, but I am happy that she is able to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your finds! And I love the photo of you, my friend! You know, I was outside Saturday for a bit, and Sunday I woke up feeling not so great. I am thinking I had the same as you! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your tea cup and vase are adorable! Great finds! I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well, hope you feel better soon! I am prone to bronchitis, it’s terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a fun day. So sorry you aren't feeling good and I do hope you will be all better soon. I wonder if she has been wearing heels all along and they feel natural to her? Personally, I can no longer handle them. Glad you found some treasures. That pansy cup is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the heels! I'm only in my 60s and I can't wear heels anymore. I don't know how people do it. Looks like you had a good day, despite the sore throat. :( I love that basket vase. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice way to spend time. I hope you sold your books. I can't wear heels anymore but I used to love them. I am laughing because that lady definitely looks like Iris Apfel. So funny. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to read you made some sales, but too bad your bronchitis acted up more the next day. That 90 year old was amazing and wearing heels too and such wonderful glasses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.