Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Them Camptown Races, do-da!!

 So much fun last Saturday night...

Don't tell me old folks don't know how to have fun!!

We had races...

One you rolled the die and moved your 'horse' how ever many dots your die had on it.  


There was one where you picked a winner for the Kentucky Derby and placed your choice in a cup... I didn't win.  


Then there was the Rollator/walker race. Some of these gals borrowed rollators to use. And, some definately use theirs all the time. The winners were always those more at a 'disadvantage' than the healthier one. It was a riot. 





Miss P won one of the rollator races.
You just got to know about Miss P. She is 92 years old, always dressed to the hilt, big jewelry, sparkly outfits, hats, and heels!! 
That woman outdid the rest of the gals and she was wearing stilletoes! I mean 4 or 5 inches high. Pointy toes, skinny little heels. We were scared to death she'd fall but she did just fine... and won one race. 



These two girls were so busy, as were several others, making sure the event ran smoothly. 
And, they are such fun to be around... I think you can tell that from this picture.


7 comments:

  1. You do the best things there! Glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great and I love the fascinators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m impressed - Stilettos at 92 years! I’m 70 and no way could I do that. It all sounds like a blast! I remember when I volunteered at the Veterans home and I’d help out. Always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun, why didn't we see you racing Latane??

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have such a fun group at your place! Everyone was having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Latane, What a fun time. I hope you were able to get in on the Rollator/walker race:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.