Saturday, January 20, 2024

There's a Ghost In Here!!


When we lived in the big house (before here) it was so  big I was forever losing things. I never knew where I'd find whatever it was I was looking for... was it upstairs? in the laundry room? maybe the living room. To cover up the fact that I was the one who lost it in the first place, I told everyone we had a ghost. 

Myrtle wasn't mean, she was just mischevious. She'd take my stuff and hide it from me. When she'd tire of the game I'd find whatever I was looking for lying in plain sight. She caused me more aggreviation and more steps than I could count. 

I was often heard saying 'Myrtle, you go get (what it was that was lost) and bring it here right now'. Of course the kids thought I was nuts. 
Well, Myrtle hasn't been around in a long time. She doesn't like apartment living evidently. But, at Christmas that ghost was in full swing. I lost a monetary gift I was giving. Never did find it. 

Then my debit card went missing. And, then my driver's licence. 

Myrtle has turned a deaf ear to my plea.. 

So, yesterday I ordered me a new debit card and driver's licence. Unfortunately I can not 'order' another hundred dollar bill I was gifting someone. I hope Myrtle is having a high time enjoying that one!


14 comments:

  1. Ha! I think she's been here too. I've lost a $50 gift card. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute way of putting it. Better lost in your home than stolen or lost somewhere else! andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is sad, and things like that happen to me and to me it is not funny. I fear i might have a myrtle somewhere. agree its better to lose it at home. I lose my water glass and look every where and find it sitting right where i looked the first time.
    how can i look and not see and then there it is. makes me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Myrtle changes her mind and helps you find the missing items and money when you least expect it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very funny Latane - and perhaps the $100 will turn up same day and surprise you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always fearful something has gone into the garbage accidentally!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's there, somewhere...I think Myrtle wants you to keep looking...lol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you may have been robbed. Does someone have keys to your apartment? This happened in the retirement community we used to live in. One of the security guards knew when residents were out and went in and skimmed credit cards. You'd better check your credit history to see if you've had identity theft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Marie....hate you lost some important items! We are constantly losing things too. It is so annoying! Love your banner! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. For whatever you have lost and if Myrtle is the one to blame, I hope you soon find where it has been stashed. It is very frustrating to lose things, especially important things. Just make sure that someone is not stealing from you when you are not expecting it. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I have two or three ghosts around here Latane :) All that aside, I'm sorry Myrtle is back and she is creating havoc again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like Marcia I do wonder if someone took your cards and the money. It seems strange that you would have lost three items of such importance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder if Myrtle has moved to New York City. One of my hearing aids has gone astray and perhaps, Myrtle is the culprit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.