Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Let The Party Begin!

                                                                                                                           Oh my Word!!!! 

What a birthday. The family started arriving Thursday night and again on Friday.

Saturday came. I had no idea what those kids were up to. Just knew we were going to dinner. I couldn't have been more surprised or pleased. 

Michael and I walked into Harper's Table (which I had never been to) and there was a long table set for all of us. Next to it was this adorable display table... 


My granddaughter, Yvonne, outdid herself with the details of every aspect of my party. 

The cake was incredible... white cake with lucious strawberry buttercream icing. 

Some of the family had not seen each other in years so there was a lot of catching up to do. 




and, of course there was a lot of laughter and fun.




It was an incredible birthday and one I will always cherish. 
And, guess what... Shirley had covid so her family was missing so there will be more to follow.. 
In fact, we have something planned for every month of this, my 90th year! 



18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet lady! My...don't you look gorgeous! I love your pretty dress and of course all the beautiful decorations. I hope everyone is well this week and you share more of the fun! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW dear Latane - I'd like to think I will look as good as you at 90!!!!! So thrilled for you to have so many family members at your party (do I see Marie in the group?) and that everything was so lovely, especially that awesome cake!
    Once again , many happy returns dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Girlfriend, you look awesome! If I looked as good as you do at 90, I’d be celebrating too! You have a beautiful family. I’m so happy for you and Happy Birthday 🎉🎂🎈

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing party you had, and what a treasure your granddaughter Yvonne is.. Happy Birthday for each day of the coming year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy Happy Birthday, my friend!!!! You are stunning!!!!!!!!! Beautiful celebration. The first of many!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your wonderful birthday 🎂celebration, Latane, both yourself and your family looked very happy. Celebrate 🎉👑your 90th all year long you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Party!
    You look beautiful. Handsome family, great smiles, melts the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! What a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful birthday, I got chills, I felt everyone's joy! Such a lovely family and now every month even more to look forward to! Happy belated birthday and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you are feeling better and were able to have this party! You look beautiful. What a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so good to see and hear that you were able to celebrate your 90th Birthday with so many family members. What a special time for you. I can't wait to hear of the planned monthly celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! You look beautiful in your polka dotted dress. I am so glad that you got to have a party & celebrate with your family. I think it’s a great idea to keep the celebrations going throughout the year & hope you can catch up with your daughter Shirley & your family soon, when they have fully recovered. My beloved auntie Cathy in Canada will be 96 next month. Wish I could spend it with her. Kind regards, Lynne from the U.K.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got to go! Yippee!! What a cake!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday wishes to you! What a fantastic party! Yes! Celebrate all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful family photo- you look great! So glad your birthday party was so memorable. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday, love love love that they celebrated so wonderfully with you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday!!! Beautiful cake...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Latane! What a wonderful celebration you had with your family. So good to see you all enjoying yourselves. Loved each and every photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.