Tuesday, January 16, 2024

An Adventure in a Lifetime

 Man, it's foggy out there this morning! And, there is rain coming in soon. I wouldn't mind it so badly if I didn't have a dr. appt this morning. At least Shirley is coming to take me. 

Shirley is so funny. Although I am still very sharp (and can drive myself to the dr.)  she likes to go with me to the doctor appointments. 'Four ears are better than two', she says. And, she's probably right but I didn't invite her to go with me to my wellness check up and a routine followup with my surgeon and she was pouting about it. That girl!! What am I gonna do with her.!

I am still struggling at getting back on my normal routine - after all the visitors, Christmas, my birthday etc. This morning I noticed that all five of the large floral arrangements that I had received for my birthday were shot so I started throwing that out. Now, my floor is covered with bits of dried leaves, stems ... what a mess. I guess I should sweep it up. 😃

I have been looking at my granddaughter and her son's pictures from New York City. Susan, who lives near the city, and her 2 boys went with them. It was D's 13th birthday and his first trip to the City. 


My grandson and my great-grandson (the birthday boy looking out over the city) at the Edge in New York City. 
This photo I got from googling 'The Edge'

If you don't know what the Edge is... it's a platform projecting out of a building with slanted glass walls and a portion of the floor is glass so you can look straight down for 100 floors. I would imagine the feeling would be similiar to floating in space. it's high above the city. You ought to google it. Have any of you been? I was just wondering. It's not on my bucket list. 

8 comments:

  1. Your daughter is such a good daughter! And you are so lucky to be so active. That Edge is scary! andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter...my husband always says that ear thing!! i have heard about the edge in new york city, it is not on my bucket list either but i am not saying i would not try it!! we have not been to nyc because of the migrants there, it's just not safe and they are all over the sidewalks!!

    with reference to your orchid...they go dormant and then bloom again. water it scantly, once per week, it will probably surprise you!! you can also google how to care for an orchid, but that can get confusing. everyone has a different way with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley is the kind of daughter many of us would love to have.
    I have not heard of the edge before. Looks exciting for the adventurous types.
    I just got caught up on your past posts. So happy to see that your birthday party was a success. You look lovely in the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary. No, that is also not on my bucket list.
    If I took a peek over, then it would be at the very of the start edge, and I'd be on my hands and knees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On important appointments is is good to have four ears. I wish I had had my husband along in 1998 when the doctor told me I had cancer in my small intestine. I was floored! All that he said didn't make sense because I was in shock. So invite Shirley along on those appointments. The Edge? Never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, could not do that edge thing either. Crazy. I wish fog was the only issue for us here. We are dealing with yesterday's snow and freezing temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not good with heights so that Edge would be my idea of a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been to Hudson Yards, where the Edge is located, many times. But I've never gone up in the Edge. Never even thought about it. But the picture you googled has inspired me to see New York from that view.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.