Friday, January 5, 2024

My Week in a Nutshell

                                                                                                                      My Week


First of all let me say how much I appreciate all the well-wishes and support during this blasted Covid that's messing up my birthday celebration. I love you all and thank you so much.


                
Looking Out My Window....

I wasn't actually looking out my window this morning but I was standing on my balcony, buck-naked except for a towel wrapped around my wet, dripping body (I'd just gotten out of the shower) and waving frantically to my New York kids that had just flown in. That must have been a sight to see!! And, it breaks my heart that I can't hug them... but I'm working on getting well enough so that I can.

(this is not a picture of me this morning... nobody wants to see me in a towel!! This shot was taken when this Covid mess started back in 2020 and I was isolating myself.)



                     I Am Thinking About....

How life can just throw the craziest curve balls at you when you least expect it. The way I look at it, you better be ready for anything, just in case😁



                   Something New This Week....

Let's see, it is hard to have much new going on when you are holed up in a small apartment. About all I can think of is that my son cleaned off the top of my fridge for me. He said it was in a mess. Since I have 'shrunk' in height, I can't see up there! Glad he could and fixed it for me.



                     What I'm Reading...

Have any of you read 'Carnal Innocence' by Nora Roberts? Oh, lordy. You really should, especially if you are southern bred, love a good romance and murder mystery book. It was my entertainment while I was stuck in bed and I couldn't have wished for better. I can't decide what to read next. Any suggestions? 



P.S. Oh my gosh, I just discovered that 'Carnal Innocence' was made into a movie! Guess what! I'll have to watch it. 

11 comments:

  1. Have you read Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver. It is about a boy born in southern Appalachia to single mother who grows up in foster homes. I about 3/4 of the way through it. Quite good. It is a BIG book!!
    I've read a couple of Nora Roberts books. Must say I'm not really a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got done reading Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby VanPelt. 3 of us in my office have read it and thought it was sooo good!
    Hope you are soon out of quarentine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sense of humor Latane! Hope you feel better soon and can visit with family and celebrate your birthday the way it should be celebrated! I love the Bridget Quinn series by Becky Masterman - she's a retired FBI agent solving crimes - very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! I still feel so sorry that you can't visit with your out-of-state kids and grandkids. You know how to roll with the punches though and that's wonderful. I've always been short so I have to make a special effort to climb up on something to clean the top of my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better now. I've been so busy with home repairs and renovations. In fact, I just posted our winter to-do list this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for your health
    Your attitude is inspiring how well you are dealing with covid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're feeling better every day. My lamp has arrived and I'll attempt to assemble it in the morning. I hope it's as easy as the website said. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished Inheritance by Nora Roberts. A great book! Hope you are out and about soon. Happy New Year?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Latane, I hope as the week progresses you feel better and better each day. 🎈🎈🎈

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are in the mend and quick🙏🏼. Sickness happens at the worst time. Hope your family gets to hug you soon. My husband is a reader and has finished 2 books that he received for Christmas and started a 3rd. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you get to do any celebrating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.