Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Just Checking In


 J
ust checking in with everyone! It's one busy time of the year, that's for sure. The next week or so is gonna be so hectic but it's family and fun and what more could I ask for.

Had a check-up this week with my surgeon (breast cancer) and everything seems to be going fine. He'd talked about radiation from the get-go and so now he is setting up an appt. for me to see the radiologist. I don't look forward to having treatment but it certainly would be great insurance against further scares. 

My son (my only son) is on his way from Alabama. Remember I visited him back the end of summer. Well, he's going to be here during the holidays and through my birthday which is on Jan 6th. More on that later!!!! 

I watched the finals of 'The Voice' and I never pick the winner. I was rooting for Jackie who can sing anything or for the 16 year old Ruby Lee.  But, Ruby got second so she'll do okay, besides Reba McEntire loves her. 

Well, I guess I will scoot and act like I am doing something productive. ha ha

Just over 4 days now til Christmas. Y'all have a great one... 




9 comments:

  1. My favorite on The Voice was Ruby Lee. Sorry she didn't win, but I think she's got a great career ahead. Prayers and good wishes for your treatment and every wish for a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom was pulling for Jackie, too. I like Huntlee, but wound up voted for Ruby Leigh. Her daddy makes me smile.
    May your upcoming days be filled with lots of laughter and good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was rooting for Ruby, but had a feeling it was going to be Huntley.
    So happy to hear your son is coming!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that your son will be there for Christmas and your birthday.
    Sending good thoughts that your treatments will go smoothly.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that your son will be able to visit with you for a longer than expected stay. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know everything is going good after your check-up. Lovely that your son will be joining you this Christmas. I haven’t watched The Voice but should tune in. I know a lot seem to enjoy it. Merry Christmas and A Very Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you! Yes, times are busy. Spent $350 at the grocery store today for a week's worth of company and big Christmas dinner for 10. Haven't made a standing rib roast for 10 years but have one for the 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Latane, your holiday visits with family sound wonderful and sure you will all have a joyous time together. Sending best wishes to you and yours for a very Merry 🎄and a Happy New Year🎉

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great your son will be with you for Christmas and your birthday too.... Nadolig Llawen (Welsh.. Happy Christmas, in case you thought I was swearing!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.