Tuesday, December 12, 2023

My Grandson

 Last night I did something I haven't done before. Oh, I stream movies and programs all the time but to get to see my grandson's High School Holiday Choral performance via streaming was new to me. He's in New York and I am down here in Virginia and I 'sort of' got to attend his program. 



The event was held in the chapel at Brunswick Upper School in Greenwich, Ct. 


The entire program was done in Latin. It was very dignified, respectful, calming. The audience sang some Christmas carols, too, so my daughter said she hummed along! My granddaughter-in-law-to-be followed the music they were given and was singing that Latin like she knew what she was doing.  

Grandson is 16 now, growing up so fast. I was on speaker phone the other day with my daughter when she picked him up at school. He wanted to drive home. (He's taking a zoom classes for driving... what will they think of next!) so I am listening to the two of them on their way home. It was hilarious! His mama in the front seat... 'slow down', 'turn right here', 'brake. that guys braking ahead of you' and so on. I remembered teaching her how to drive.

But, I taught her on the back roads of Alabama and he's learning in that heavy traffic in New York. Have mercy, Lord.. My daughter gonna need it. 


13 comments:

  1. What a very special opportunity for you! Singing in Latin is an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That must have been absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson is a very nice looking young man and that chapel is beautiful!
    I pity your daughter too. I can't imagine drivers training in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! Learning how to drive in New York! That's extreme driving skills there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful that you could watch your grandson's Choral program via streaming...AND in Latin. Wow!
    GM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, we taught our kids on the country back roads here, and some in the country small towns, but I cannot imagine learning to drive in NY. Goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Streaming certainly does come in handy. We watched our granddaughter graduate from high school in Hawaii a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how really wonderful that you were able to enjoy the concert. technology is really amazing!! i remember driving with my boys while they were driving on their permit and felt the same way...i can't imagine teaching anyone to drive in new york!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Latane, for sharing about this concert. Certainly it is wonderful that we can share in all sort of experiences when distance and other issues prevent us being there in person. Learning to drive in NYC would be a daunting experience for me as well, so good luck to your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a nice looking grandson. The Holiday Choral performance looks impressive. So glad you were able to watch it. Ain't technology great?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the mass done in Latin...I know the concert music was beautiful! Your grandson is very handsome! I know you would have loved to be there in person.
    Greenwich is only 30 minutes from where I lived ad a child in Stonington. Beautiful there. Thank goodness for the internet.
    Prayers for them in that NY traffic!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's wonderful that you were able to use Zoom to see your grandson's concert. I too used the internet to watch my nephew's graduation from college this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting for you to see him, technology has its special benefits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.