Thursday, December 7, 2023

Out and About

 I hadn't seen my Shirley in several days and I believe that she and I both got 'down' about it. So, we gals took off and just puttered around. Had lunch at Pizza Hut (their individual pan pizzas with salad are soooo good). 


I had a fav farmers market that had moved farther away from me so we found it. So disappointed. It just wasn't the same. I understand a restaurant has moved into their old building. I won't be going back to Farmer Franks anymore. Sad. 

The Commons is humming with activity... the committee heading the joint Birthday/Christmas Party has been hard at work decorating and planning. Our party is on the 15th and I just know we are gonna have a blast. 

This morning (on the coldest day we have had so far) I decided to head to the bank and get some Christmas money out. And, of course, I was going to stop at Hardees for me a sausage biscuit and some sweet tea. Well, coming back from the bank, I got to thinking about something and missed my turn to go to Hardees and then home. So, I just called Shirley and asked her if she wanted breakfast. Drove up to her house 35 miles away, we went to Hardees near her then back to her house where I got to see her decorated tree and then I came home. 

That might not sound like a BIG DEAL to you younger set. But, I don't drive much anymore... and I hate being out in the cold. So, for me to get out in that chilly air and then drive up to Shirley's. Yes, that was a BIG DEAL. You'll understand when you get more years on you!! (grin) and you won't understand til you get there! 


10 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good day!
    I like the meme - the older I get, the more I get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latane, you are such a beautiful lady, and I love your outlook on life. Thanks for blogging, it's one of my very favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand why that was a big deal. I'm 78 now and have more or less quit driving. ( Our vehicle is a pick up truck which I don't drive). I'm so glad it all worked out in the end and you not only got your breakfast you had time with your daughter.
    Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you acted on impulse and had a whee old time! We went to visit a friend up in the Alabaster hospital this morning, but by the time we arrived home I was exhausted. The 'old' me is sure disappointed in present-day me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day! Hope the Christmas party is fun too! Can't wait to see pictures of all the food! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good driving and happy day. Missing a turn is no fun, but you turned the day around well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat for both you and Shirley to be able to get together so often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a fun day and darling photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you for making the drive. It sounds like a very fun day and the commemorative photo is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree driving 35 miles is some distance as you age and being out in the cold too.. we battled wind and rain this week and I hated it! So a big well done and lovely you got to see Shirley I bet she enjoyed your company as much as you enjoyed hers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.