Saturday, December 9, 2023

I Rule The Roost

                        What y'all doing this Saturday morning? 

Me, not much. I did get some Christmas gifts (money) mailed to my kiddos far away. That made me feel so much more on top of things. 

I am not sending out cards this year! I mean, come on.... I've done it for 70 years. Time for me to put that baby to rest! If people haven't figured out yet that I hope they have a wonderful holiday season then sending a card isn't gonna convince them. 😁 At least I am telling myself that! 

I guess I am getting rebellious in my old age. I certainly wasn't in my youth. I was a good little girl! You'll have to take my word on that... Most people who were around when I was little just aren't with us anymore. 

But, rather than being rebellious, I think I am just putting priorities where they should be. Too often we do 'what's expected' of us. Now, I don't give a hoot. I do what I can, what my energy allows and what I darn well want to. 

                                    So there!! 

Y'all have a good one. By that I mean I want you to have a very special day. And, take my advice... do what you darn well want to! Love you all. 



12 comments:

  1. Our power was out all morning, so now I'm doing some catch up here, then have to get cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still enjoy baking cookies for gifts to neighbors, and that’s what I’ve been doing today. We’re having a rainy day, so it’s good to have something to do indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped sending paper greetings 3 years ago -- but still feel an occasional twinge of guilt. So THANK YOU for your thoughts about priorities; I'm going to borrow that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After walking I went to the library to meet with the stitching group.
    I still like writing out Christmas cards but can understand people not doing it. I finished writing mine out today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped about 10 years ago sending out cards. Don’t miss it at all. We do phone calls starting the week of Christmas and that is pleasant. Plus I stopped for several reasons. I never liked displaying the cards, it got too expensive and friends and family just weren’t sending any out so why bother, like you said. I don’t believe it says in the Gospels that we are to send out cards. Keep being you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope no one who has gotten that Christmas card from you in the past thinks you've kicked the bucket! I've mailed out all of mine and have received 3 so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I'm approaching 50, but I'm also in my "do what I darn well please and feel like" phase now! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Latane, I agree with you. I send quite a few Christmas cards some years and don't send as many in other years. Why do I feel guilty when not sending them:) Sigh! I haven't yet sent any Christmas cards this year but I think this is a year where I won't send to everyone:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such very good advice and you too have a great time..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for doing what's right for you at this time, rather than what others expect of you. The older I get the more I feel the same way! Saturday was a busy day for me. Cleaning house in the morning, then a Christmas Party with friends and a little Christmas shopping on the way home. 'Tis the season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i still send christmas cards but i know a lot of people who are not doing it anymore. i still can and i do pace myself, it is a tradition i am not ready to give up!! im sure one day....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.