Tuesday, July 30, 2024

What a Day!

 Yesterday was interesting....

Shirley and I headed out to explore a new eating-place. I follow this place on Facebook and they show such enticing pictures of food so I thought we were in for a treat. Got there... the porch was worn, opened the old wood door to a den of clutter and a cash register. Seating's in back, the clerk said. So,we wormed our way toward a few old tables and chairs and was then pointed in the direction of a serving counter. 

We both ordered hamburger steak,mashed potatoes and black-eyed peas. Let's just say that the hamburger steak was definately a frozen patty covered in brown gravy made from a mix. The peas were straight from a can. And, we are two women all dressed up for a nice lunch out and our eating companions were a bunch of men that look they just popped in for a lunch break at their jobs. 

Shirley and I are sitting there, eyeing each other, sort of eye-rolling and giggling at ourselves for our 'great adventure'. You had to laugh... We do get ourselves into some weird adventures. No pictures. It just wasn't photo worthy. But, we'll be chuckling about that one for years to come.

Coming home Shirley swings into the bank so I can get some 'dough' (for our next adventure. hehe) and the ATM line is blocked with orange cones and a Brinks truck. There's long lines at the drive-through window so we just left. 

We did treat ourselves to a strawberry shake from Sonic. So,  yummy! 

On to a farm market. Been seeing all these wonderful veggies and fruit pictures from there on facebook. I swear, you can't believe a thing you see or read anymore!! Right, girls? I did buy 2 tomatoes, a pint of blueberries and a cantaloupe. Not much else to pick from so that was a bust, too. 

I will switch gears... and leave you with this gorgeous orchid. 


Yes, that is my orchid, blooming like crazy. I think I have figured out that the more I ignore my plants the better they like it. 

Going to get a much needed haircut

Check back in with you all later. 

 

11 comments:

  1. Oh darn! I need to get over myself but hate when a much-anticipated dinner turns out to be a bust. This reminds me of something the author Jennifer Rothschild relates her father told her: "No, you didn't ruin your Christmas dinner. You made a memory."
    Here's to memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when that happens! I had something like that recently and my granddaughter Ruby (9) told me "Grandma, you know you can't believe everything you see on the internet!" I know, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your attitude about an interesting adventure! Going with the flow is much better than being upset. Your orchid is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That did make me laugh. Now you know-the camera can lie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad the anticipated dining experience turned out so disappointing, Latane, but it did give you a blog post to tell about it. I would have probably left before getting to that back room, but then as you said, it was an adventure. Neglect of your plants has produced a lovely orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Ha! I love your adventure story. A few years ago my two sisters and I were on vacation in Maine and one of my sisters & I watched a Youtube of this place that sold lobster rolls. The catch was, this place also provided free coffee. My one sister is a big coffee drinker so, after watching a few more of the Youtube's of this place we (my one sister and me) insisted that was the place we would try lobster rolls for the first time. Let's just say the place was nothing to write home about but provided all three of us with good laughs whenever we think about it. No, we didn't try the free coffee:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you sure the restaurant was the same one you were following? Could have been anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is funny! Folks make food look so good in photos though, y’all did your best. Gorgeous orchid

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the frozen patty is what is really messed up. I have been to diners and had the same thing. Used to be real hamburger and real mashed potatoes. Not much anymore.
    I love your pink orchid. I have a pink and two white ones. I get these from children on Easter or Mother's Day. I just stick an ice cube in the planter they are in every so often and forget about them. I believe you are right, as the more I neglect mine, the better they grow and bloom. Stay cool, it's beastly hot. The heat index here in Ashland Va. is 103 and temps. heading up to 96 degrees F.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your orchid is so lovely. Mine isn't doing a thing (in spite of being ignored except for a little drink now and then).
    Too bad about the disappointing visit to that restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its fun you are getting out and about and enjoying a good laugh if not a meal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.