Thursday, July 18, 2024

Trips At This Age?

 I've been struggling since my return from New York.  I know at some point in my aging journey that I would have to curtail some traveling. It may be closer than I think. 

This trip really took the 'starch' outta me! 

I've been home almost a week and I am just not bouncing back, have little energy, feel weak. I did drive 4 blocks to Bojangles to get me some drive-through breakfast and I just didn't feel comfortable behind the wheel. Dang, this sucks! 


I have such a great time with my kids and grands. I would hate giving up some of my time with them. They all are so busy with their own lives, kids, jobs, etc. that it is easier for me to get away since I don't have those responsibilites.

I guess what I am asking this morning is... have any of you reached this point in your life yet? If so, how did you handle it. 

Now, for more on my trip.  There were lots of scrabble going on! 



Ranger and I spent time on the patio


Loved going to lunch with my daughter 


I rested


and much more! It was a wonderful visit! 

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a good time with family, but sorry you're so exhausted now. Just take the time you need to rest! Praying your strength comes back quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am kind of a lurker on bloggers. I LOVE reading your blog, but have never commented. I think you are wonderful and you do SO MUCH! I am 76 and usually feel bad pretty much of the time, so you are such an inspiration. I wouldn't give up traveling YET...but just pace yourself and be able to say NO, when you feel like you're overdoing it some. Get lots of rest after this great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latane, it's not unusual to feel exhausted after a getaway. It happens to many people, including ourselves, so don't be too hard on yourself. As much as we enjoy traveling, we do more and "work" harder than at home, so coming home to rest is always wonderful. We're away in RI this week and when we return home on Monday, we will be happy to stay put for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Latane, have you tested for COVID? many people I know who have traveled come back with a touch of it and the current strain symptoms are similar to what you are experiencing.
    Just a thought.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Latane, I don't know how you do all that you do. I think once people, myself included, get to a certain age, they notice differences to their energy level and how more time is needed to recover after trips or participating in what are not their usual level of activity. No worries, just take the time you need to recover your energy. I think you are amazing for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i find you to be an active, resilient woman...maybe you just need a little extra time now to recover from your trip. i find listening to my body really helps and not reflecting on what i did a week ago or even how i felt a week ago. today is today, eat well and rest well and perhaps this will pass!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Pedro after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help, but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr. Pedro, Jerome promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay. I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Pedro, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, be free to contact Mr. Pedro via WhatsApp +393510140339 and his email: pedroloanss@gmail.com, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, your comment and your friendship. You have just made my day.